Duckling gender based on color?

Michellecactus

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2024
Southern illinois
Not sure if you can go based off color but I have 17 black/brown duckling and ten yellow. I read online sometimes you can do it based off coat color. They are a week old. Probably a mixture. The lady I bought the eggs from had ROUENS AND BLACK SWEDISH AND ONE OTHER SHE SAID she FORGOT THE NAME OF
IMG_3684.jpeg

You can only tell by color if the drake was brown, like a Khaki or Buff and the hen was black like a Rouen or a Blue Swedish. Then, the boys would be black and the girls brown. All of yours seem to carry black and some blue, not brown. I suspect she has Blue Swedish instead of black. Her third type of duck might be white?

Yep, you’ve got Rouens, Black Swedish.. I believe the yellow with dark heads are Welsh Harlequins. You also seem to have 2 full yellow with pink bills? I suppose they could be Welsh too, but they certainly look like they’d be white.

Yes, you’ll have to wait a couple weeks to voice-sex. You won’t see much of a visual difference until they’re full grown.

Yep, you’ve got Rouens, Black Swedish.. I believe the yellow with dark heads are Welsh Harlequins. You also seem to have 2 full yellow with pink bills? I suppose they could be Welsh too, but they certainly look like they’d be white.

Yes, you’ll have to wait a couple weeks to voice-sex. You won’t see much of a visual difference until they’re full grown.
I can’t wait lol. I’m honestly not picky about what they look like I was just. Curious. Will love them either way haha. I’m just excited.

Back
Top Bottom