Duckling Hurt-Please Help

I'll just put my 2¢ in. I think that getting it some B-complex might help him a lot. He/she will need to get those muscles all around whichever socket it dislocated from stronger and the B should help do that. Right? @Miss Lydia @casportpony?
Extra vitamin b complex would be good.

51C5704F-DFA0-4FF2-A844-6C1F1D4FEBD1.jpeg
I agree! TSC has the best one. 1 ml daily over peas or meal worms .

Last edited:
In your new bowl- Put rocks in there to keep dry.
To keep dry- Use horse pellets for bottom.
To keep leg intact- Use a wrap, or something on it to keep in place.
For soacilization- See if they peck at her, if not, keep her in with the others for the night, if they do, use a divider, if you have one, so she can see them, but not get pecked at or hurt.

With the care you seem to be giving her, she should do great!:highfive::ya

Find your nearest wildlife rehabilitator. They cannot legally give out veterinary help, but if you surrender your duck and somehow readopt the same one later on they will often help. If you cannot get your baby to help then it is possible to relocate a hip. It’s been a while so start by applying a cool cloth to reduce swelling for about five minutes. From there gently stretch out the leg to normal position, GENTLY using your thumb to press the hip back in the direction of the socket. Chamomile tea is a surprisingly effective pain reliever if you have nothing else. Best of luck with your baby.

Back
Top Bottom