wabbit1964

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 30, 2013
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Hi,

I have hatched and raised a few ducklings before with no problems. We were given some eggs from a pekin duck. Only one hatched and that one got stuck in its shell. The duckling seemed like it wasn't going to make it at first. It was very weak even after it dried. I had to wipe it with warm water to remove stuck egg shell. Then s/he fluffed right up. kept it warm and it is alone. Happy to drink some egg yolk and water yesterday (was about 24 hours old).. seems to not have strength in its legs to stand up and run around. Sometimes I have noticed it seems to be favoring listing to one side. What is recommended to continue to strengthen it. My teen daughter has named it "Duckie" after NCIS character. I have some polyvisol and have brewers yeast... will these help and if so I need advice on amounts. As far as eating and drinking it is if I put it near the bowl it is not finding the bowl on its own as of yet due to not being up and running around. Mission Save Duckie and help him/her grow into a strong pet duck. Will add pics

That’s great sometimes they just need a chance to recover. Hopefully Duckie is on the way to being a healthy happy duckling! If the poly vi sol doesn’t have iron just a drop along the bill or right under the tongue. Put the Brewers yeast on the feed 1 tablespoon per cup of feed. Don’t force feeding just show Duckie where feed and water is. Dip tip of bill only in warm water to start.

Back
Top Bottom