Duckling with leg quivers?

Lilyrush

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Western Washington
I am new to ducks. I have two khaki campbells that are about 4 weeks old now. I keep noticing that one of them has really quivery legs. Not all the time, and it seems to walk fine. When it is just standing though it's legs shake really bad. The other duckling doesn't seem to have this problem. They are on a flock starter food. Is it possible that just one of them has a niacin deficiency? Or could it have bigger problems? Or is this a normal behavior?

I am new to ducks. I have two khaki campbells that are about 4 weeks old now. I keep noticing that one of them has really quivery legs. Not all the time, and it seems to walk fine. When it is just standing though it's legs shake really bad. The other duckling doesn't seem to have this problem. They are on a flock starter food. Is it possible that just one of them has a niacin deficiency? Or could it have bigger problems? Or is this a normal behavior?
It does seem that some ducklings need that extra boost of niacin than others do, but probably wouldn't hurt a thing for both to have some daily till about 12 weeks of age. and Welcome! p.s. be sure to buy the reg ole niacin not flush free or time released.

It does seem that some ducklings need that extra boost of niacin than others do, but probably wouldn't hurt a thing for both to have some daily till about 12 weeks of age. and Welcome! p.s. be sure to buy the reg ole niacin not flush free or time released.
I had a hell of a time trying to find regular niacin in stores (could only find time release or flush free) so I ended up ordering off of Amazon! Some people also use Brewers Yeast in the food as a source of niacin. Good luck!

I had a hell of a time trying to find regular niacin in stores (could only find time release or flush free) so I ended up ordering off of Amazon! Some people also use Brewers Yeast in the food as a source of niacin. Good luck!
Good idea Rosie about the Brewers yeast, thats what I used, and had to go to Natural food store to buy it.

Thanks for the responses! I ordered some niacin today.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom