Duckling with two infected eyes how do i treat

Ducksareme

Hatching
May 13, 2023
What can I do to help my duckling 2 weeks old who had 2 what look like infected eyes? I don't know what I can use on his eyes. I read that vetrimycin works but the only gel I can find says for pets like dogs cats rabbits ect. Can I use this on his eyes? What about salt water can I use it? Please help. I am new here so thank you very much for any help you can give me

0.9% saline which is found in most paharmacies, as well as eye wash can be used to flush eyes. To make saline at home, add 2 tsp of table salt to 1 quart of water (or 1/2 tsp per 8 ounce cup.) Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes to sterilize. Store in a clean jar. The Vetricyn, or Terramycin eye ointment can be used in the eye twice a day. Have you seen bubbles in the eyes. Is there any sneeze, cough, or gasping?

0.9% saline which is found in most paharmacies, as well as eye wash can be used to flush eyes. To make saline at home, add 2 tsp of table salt to 1 quart of water (or 1/2 tsp per 8 ounce cup.) Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes to sterilize. Store in a clean jar. The Vetricyn, or Terramycin eye ointment can be used in the eye twice a day. Have you seen bubbles in the eyes. Is there any sneeze, cough, or gasping?
Can I use the vetricyn gel that is for all pets it says it is for dogs cats rabbits and ect.it does not say for ducks or chickens? That is the only one my Tractor Supply has. No there is no sneeze or cough or gasping but the eyes look really bad and one has white stuff in corner. Also can I put apple cider vinegar in the water?

Back
Top Bottom