Ducks 2015!

So I ordered 12 Welsh Harlequins and got 13. They are now 6 weeks old. Here is a picture of 12 of them. The 13th was out in the yard with the adults foraging

We got the Cackle surprise a few days ago and got three mystery ducklings! Can't wait to see what they are they are all three yellow with no markings.

Call hen hatched out 5 babies 3 days ago. My pet quality hen, daddy is a show quality drake from Holderreads.

Call hen hatched out 5 babies 3 days ago. My pet quality hen, daddy is a show quality drake from Holderreads.
Aww, how sweet! How are they doing now?

I have 2 Rouens and 2 Pekins that just turned 3 weeks old yesterday.

I'm very worried about the duck/drake ratio. There's no way I'll give any up, but adding might just put my live-in boyfriend over the edge. Please all keep your fingers crossed for me...maybe I'll get very luck and end up with just one drake.

Aww, how sweet! How are they doing now? I have 2 Rouens and 2 Pekins that just turned 3 weeks old yesterday. I'm very worried about the duck/drake ratio. There's no way I'll give any up, but adding might just put my live-in boyfriend over the edge. Please all keep your fingers crossed for me...maybe I'll get very luck and end up with just one drake.
Hopefully you get all girls if not you could re home the females and just keep the males. They are very cute!

Hi Debs, mine are doing fine, should be starting to feather out any day now. One strange thing, 1/2 of the ducklings are very much smaller than the other 1/2, am wondering if there might be some kind of sex linked factor related to the tiny Holderread's drake and the oversized pet quality hen.

Your Rouen and Pekin ducks look like they'r having a grand time in the pool.

I've bought ducks off of craigslist or you can see about finding a breeder who is selling off extras. Yes, she is welsh harlequin, than you.

I also found a rescue group nearby that handles "barnyard" critters and they have ducks. If I have to add, I really like the looks of welsh harlequins and khaki campbells. Heck, I love them all & would have bunches, if I could!

Back
Top Bottom