ducks and small dog missing

rowdymomma

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2023
Hi,
I live in Southern Indiana alongside hoosier national forest, in the past week I lost 2 pekin and 1 mallard as well as a small shitzu. all were grabbed quickly and gone. we have grid searched woods for a mile surrou ding me and have found no trace. we started last search within 15 minutes of dog going missing.
What animals could take them quickly leaving no feathers or blood behind?

Hi,
I live in Southern Indiana alongside hoosier national forest, in the past week I lost 2 pekin and 1 mallard as well as a small shitzu. all were grabbed quickly and gone. we have grid searched woods for a mile surrou ding me and have found no trace. we started last search within 15 minutes of dog going missing.
What animals could take them quickly leaving no feathers or blood behind?
Im so sorry to hear that
Did they all go one after the other or at once? Could the mallard fly? (If the ducks were attacked, the mallard may have taken off?)
How small was the shitzu? I'm wondering what large birds of prey you have
Could it have been a person who took them, or at least, who took the dog?

Im so sorry to hear that
Did they all go one after the other or at once? Could the mallard fly? (If the ducks were attacked, the mallard may have taken off?)
How small was the shitzu? I'm wondering what large birds of prey you have
Could it have been a person who took them, or at least, who took the dog?
The 3 ducks went in one day and 4 days later the shitzu went. the mallard flew a small bit but not often and he protected the pekins like they were his harem.
I have coyotes fox bobcat racoon possum probably badger and hawks owls and possibly an eagle.

Thats awful, but yeah it's what comes to mind, with them being gone without a trace.
I've heard of people putting spikey harnesses on their small dogs to protect them
I have an abandoned church in front of my property. Owl heaven, every night I can hear 6-8 different owls talking. I make sure my cats are inside at night. My chickens are secure.

Back
Top Bottom