Ducks are Afraid to go into pond ?

I believe they KNOW when the turtles are gone and it is safe again....niether my geese or the ducks would go into the pond after the first snapper attacked.

Several years ago I had to drain my pond to get rid of ALL the turtles in it...and there were some really big ones!

Then last year with the draught my neighbors pond dried out and his turtles came down to my pond. I shot 4 of them with a 22 over a week's time and the ducks and geese then went back into the pond, cautiously at first.

Sounds like you have quite a few turtles in your pond.

I'm up to 5 snapping Turtles eliminated... Ducks are still afraid to even drink water from the pond...

I caught them on hooks, in a trap and shot the last one with my .22 I added a scope to my Ruger 10/22 makes it a lot easier to aim and shoot.

I did lose 4 other ducks to I don't know what... But whatever it was has a leg trap and a big C clamp that I used to secure it to a rock that I would like to have back :>(

8357_susan08_218.jpg

8357_susan08_215.jpg

These are some photos of the first snapping turtle I caught. UGLY !!!! But tastes pretty good.

I once was almost bitten by a snapping turtle , It was in the middle of the road and I was trying to rescue it. (yeah I'm an idiot sometimes).
Well who knew they are like owls and can turn their head practically all the way around. and I had it by the tip of the tail.
I finally got it to the side of the road but I won't do that again.

If they were after Froyd and schizo (my ducklings) I'd have to kill them for sure ,no more turtle hugging,
somad.gif

I have had some delicious turtle and frog. Didn't try snake yet though.
Congratulations on fixing your problem.

Back
Top Bottom