Ducks strange toenail injury- advice please

So to update on Minnie we’ve been giving her meloxicam this week to help with the pain. She is really unable to walk around on it but she’s mostly sitting in the hay. If she needs to walk a long distance she is simply taking the short cut and flying lol my little cutie! This is why I never like to clip wings never know when they need to use all their gifts :).

I’d keep her where she is having to rest most she may even have a sprain if she caught her toe on something she may have injured more than her toe. So rest and Epsom salt soaks and see how she is doing in 3-4 days.
This is the thread lol you actually were the one answering! Sorry I never updated!
Ya she still has the lump I don’t know what it could be I figured I should try the supplements. Nothing is hot, I tried giving her meloxicam, letting her swim in the tub. She’s improved but she’s still limping I’ve tried feeling her hips nothing feels strange. She flys from place to place a lot now. I feel so bad. I might just take her to the vet my fiance thinks it’s going to be pointless though

Ya I’m really hoping that works what brand would you recommend for the b complex I’m going to order it on amazon now. We used to give them nutritional yeast but we ran out and haven’t reordered plus now we feed them from large feeders so we would have to buy ALOT to mix it all up together. How long for improvements would you say?

Back
Top Bottom