Ducks with special Needs

Pics
Ha - I was already starting a reply! :D Chicks start pecking pretty much right after they hatch - I usually have to take a chick or two out of the incubator during the hatch because they start pecking at anything that draws their attention, including each other (eyes and toes, usually - eek!).

Even if the chick (Turken) is not even a week old? Also, I could try to see how they are together since I don’t know where ducklings are sold. The Turken is with someone else right now but if they don’t go well together it would go back there with other animals.
Of course you could do a supervised visit to see how things go - and it might go well...but a duckling really would be optimal, especially in the long run. Waterfowl and poultry are just so different and, accordingly, have different needs. If the local farm stores don't carry ducklings, there may be some on Craigslist or a Facebook chicken swap-type page in your area..?

Of course you could do a supervised visit to see how things go - and it might go well...but a duckling really would be optimal, especially in the long run. Waterfowl and poultry are just so different and, accordingly, have different needs. If the local farm stores don't carry ducklings, there may be some on Craigslist or a Facebook chicken swap-type page in your area..?
Hahahahaha thanks for replying so quickly! So you do think it’s okay to see how it goes because I have things set up already but we could alaways give it another go if those two don’t get along! The Turken will be older since she/he is under a heat lamp right now but I will look around for other ducklings as a plan “B”. I will be thinking a lot so thanks for some words of wisdom and feel free to be as open as possible about your opinions!

My daughter works for a feed store and this pour little baby came in a shipment like this. She/he has a wound under it's wing and most of it's lower jaw missing.
IMG_20190417_135500_941.jpg
IMG_20190417_135457_443.jpg
IMG_20190417_135453_449.jpg

Back
Top Bottom