Dummies refused to go to bed

Gdog Bossman

Chirping
Jun 17, 2018
Over a year old, and last night they refused to get in the coop for the first time. I was exhausted, so told them good luck . I guess they had a rough night, because this evening they were in early . Only problem is two are gone . Found one pile of feathers. Down to 7 birds . Hope they hatch some new ones soon .

One time my chickens refused to go in at night so I looked in the chicken house and a cat was in there. Is it possible something was inside?

I set up red lights inside the coop. It seems to make them feel safer than going into a dark ‘room’. Sometime before dusk (or if storms are coming) I call them and they enter, happy to get some meal worm treats.

Update:. The guineas are all in the coop early now . I guess they are not as brave as they thought they were . Coyotes coming in close now that they got a free meal.

guineas unlike chickens can usually escape coyotes they live with jackals, and like ten types of wild cat dog almost every predator and are faster better survivors than chickens. I havent lost a guinea to anything ever but lost large asil roosters. BUt i have a guard dog so without the dog might be a whole nother story. ive seen them out fly foxes.

Back
Top Bottom