dust bath

JesseK

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 5, 2012
IA
Who knew that lounging after work watching my first chick take her first dust bath could bring me such pleasure!

Watching them dust bathe just never gets old for me. They really get into it sometimes, and if they're in an area with nice soften soil, they sometimes dig a pit so deep all you can see is a head! XD When they get flipped on their sides/backs and you see feet waving in the air, that's always a good photo op.
lau.gif

Watching them dust bathe just never gets old for me. They really get into it sometimes, and if they're in an area with nice soften soil, they sometimes dig a pit so deep all you can see is a head! XD When they get flipped on their sides/backs and you see feet waving in the air, that's always a good photo op.
lau.gif

So true! The cuteness of it all makes it worth it to have a yard that looks like it was hit by bombs.

When my girls were just 12 week old pullets, I had kept them in the coop for three or four days so they would see that as home base. When they were let out for the first time into their run, the first thing they did was take a dust bath! I was able to sit right next to them and run my fingers through their dirty, fluffy bellies.
smile.png

My girls took their first dust bath today. Wasn't sure what they were doing and was a little worried! Then realized they were having fun! Fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom