Duvet green gel Epsom poultice on swollen foot, slight broken skin?

Hopefully what your doing will finish taking care of the bulge. Bumblefoot is a pain in the butt.
I did another foot check of the flock and noticed one of my black swedes has a small spot, no scab but a spot that's not normally there. Started spraying and wrapping her as well. Figured I'd be seeing this more in the warmer months over the colder ones

We live on very rocky mountains soil no way to get rid of all the rocks if I do try the ground makes more. I have only had 1 duck with bumble 5 chickens. This has been since 2004.

Wow. Mine are on grass all day long and occasionally go to the driveway to get to the front lawn. Other than that they are in their pen which is straw that's cleaned daily. Right now much of the ground is icy in the grassy area out back but the bumble started before that with the exception of noticing my black swedes foot yesterday. And they have a very healthy diet.

Maybe it has something to do with the breed? My Salmon faverolles I ordered in 2017 their first year here everyone had bumble not once but many times then after a few years they never had it again maybe feet toughened up, In all my ducks only 1 Runner female Has had bumble. I had one other chicken hen a silver-laced Wyandotte in 2021 it was the worst I have ever had she spent about 2 weeks in the house. Just seems weird with all the rocky terrain we have mine doesn't seem to come down with it. But I can tell ya I am very thankful they don't. One thing is your catching it early with the 1 you just spotted so much easier to treat when just starting.

Maybe it has something to do with the breed? My Salmon faverolles I ordered in 2017 their first year here everyone had bumble not once but many times then after a few years they never had it again maybe feet toughened up, In all my ducks only 1 Runner female Has had bumble. I had one other chicken hen a silver-laced Wyandotte in 2021 it was the worst I have ever had she spent about 2 weeks in the house. Just seems weird with all the rocky terrain we have mine doesn't seem to come down with it. But I can tell ya I am very thankful they don't. One thing is your catching it early with the 1 you just spotted so much easier to treat when just starting.
I've been trying to do regular foot checks for everyone at least every 2 weeks to keep it from getting bad, sometimes spraying they're feet even if I don't see anything noticeable. Fern though was checked about 2 weeks before I noticed her limping so maybe I should do it more often than I am

How's everyone doing this evening?
Been keeping a close eye on my 6 month old Pekin gal Penelope. Though she's still got her sass 'n frass she's been laying down a bit more in her pen. Not sure if it's cause of the temps or something else. She doesn't seem to much when they're outside. I noticed her foot does look a little swollen on one side (on the bottom and a bit at the side and the other side has a spot so I've been treating and wrapping it. She's soooooo well behaved when wrapping, she just sits and lets me do it, no fuss.

Attachments

• IMG_20231128_183020390.jpg
    IMG_20231128_183020390.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom