Dward Netherland has head tilt.

Chicken Salad

Songster
11 Years
Nov 6, 2008
Frederick, Maryland
Anyone familiar with this? In have two dward Netherlands - Abbot and Costello. Costello turned up Sunday with head tilt. I hunted down a rabbit vet and he's now on an antibiotic for it. I've been reading about doing pt to get their neck to unkink...anyone do that? thanks!

No don't do that. It's been 15 years or so, but I've had rabbits with it before. Is it wry neck? I think it's caused by an infection, so it should clear up with antibiotics. Over the course of treatment, they gradually started holding their heads normal again.

here is a great site with info all about it, often it is misdiagnosed as an infection antibiotics usually dont clear it up. Here is the link to the site and it gives you treatments as well.

http://www.barbibrownsbunnies.com/ecuniculi.htm

I had a little ND with it and cleared it up with the info on this site and she did get all better.

Last edited:
Head Tilt (wry neck) can also be cause by parasites. sometimes a small ball of ivermectin will help clear it up.
Read the link to Barbies story about the rabbit she had with wry neck. its a good read and it is also very onformative.

Back
Top Bottom