Dying Chickens

yoker

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Hi,
So we have a flock of chickens, about 30 leghorns that are one and two years old and 20 isa browns from this last summer. Recently our leghorns have started dying which I thought was because of old age. But this week seven have died and one of the ise browns. The thing is the other chickens ate the feathers off the dead ones which I haven't noticed them doing before. Also they started attacking another Ise Brown. Any ideas as to why this is?

I was experiencing my chickens dying like that every 2 weeks, I used Corid to treat for Cocci, I also used liquid wormer in their water, after the 5 day treatment period I put vitamins and electrolytes in their water and gave them dry cat food with their regular food, it gives them a high amount of animal protein that helps boost their immune system, good after they have been sick. Theyare doing great now, no more dying. The strange thing is, it started happening after I brought home new chicks I bought last summer and after they were old enough to put in the coop they started dying. It went on for 3 months. I had also used sulphamethazine for bacterial infection, but things really changed after using the Corid. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom