Songster
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
Piedmont of NC
Has anyone tried these? I met someone the other day who
has/had a 3 pack a day habit, and she says the e cigarette has
helped.
I am interested/thinking about trying to quit smoking, and I thought
this might help. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Several guys at work were puffing on these, but they went back to their ciggerettes. I am not a smoker, so not much help. good luck. Quitting is hard.

I don't smoke myself but I do use dipping tobacco and tried to quit by using the nicotine gum but it wasnt the same and went back to dip...
I imagine the E cig isn't the same also...

I used these for a while and really, they worked. That is, until I forgot to bring a spare, charged battery for my e-cig and the one I was using died halfway through the day. I am sorry to say I bought a pack of smokes to "deal" with the withdrawal symptoms and it was just easier to keep smoking again.

Especially when I moved and misplaced the charger for the things.

I hope to start using them again when I do find the box with the battery charger.

What makes them GREAT is you can use them anywhere, and you don't have to drop down in strength to actually quit if you don't want to do so. I happen to LIKE smoking.

The not so great thing about them is they have a different heft and weight than real cigarettes, and that may be off-putting to some. Balancing them in your hand isn't the same.

But you can't "chain smoke" with them - after a few deep puffs, they won't work for a minute. This reduces the deep draw smoking; they're better at "puffing" lightly. And an occasional deep draw.

I'm a committed smoker. I guess if I really wanted to quit I would go through the whole process and MAKE them work for me.

Your mileage may vary.

I used these for a while and really, they worked. That is, until I forgot to bring a spare, charged battery for my e-cig and the one I was using died halfway through the day. I am sorry to say I bought a pack of smokes to "deal" with the withdrawal symptoms and it was just easier to keep smoking again.

Especially when I moved and misplaced the charger for the things.

I hope to start using them again when I do find the box with the battery charger.

What makes them GREAT is you can use them anywhere, and you don't have to drop down in strength to actually quit if you don't want to do so. I happen to LIKE smoking.

The not so great thing about them is they have a different heft and weight than real cigarettes, and that may be off-putting to some. Balancing them in your hand isn't the same.

But you can't "chain smoke" with them - after a few deep puffs, they won't work for a minute. This reduces the deep draw smoking; they're better at "puffing" lightly. And an occasional deep draw.

I'm a committed smoker. I guess if I really wanted to quit I would go through the whole process and MAKE them work for me.

Your mileage may vary.

I enjoy it too!

They do work. I was a very heavy smoker until March 31st. of last year. I haven't had an analog cigarette since. I ordered a kit for myself, the DW, and the oldest DD. None of us are smoking now.

I suggest going over to the ECF(Electronic Cigarette Forums)and researching a little before you make the commitment and buy. If you happen to go the the mall or the local 7-11 and buy one, throw it in the trash on the way out the door. That's about how much good they will do you. 99% of them are junk.

PM me if you are interested and I will give you a list of the vendors that I use. I fill my own, so the savings is substantial. I myself started with a cigarette like type unit. I now use what is called the Go-Go. I can fill a Cartomizer and it will last all day with a fresh battery. The battery will actually last about 24hrs.

When you decide on a kit make sure to get a couple extra batteries. We all have 4 to 6 batteries for ours.

Don't pressure yourself and look at it as switching brands and you will be OK.

Good Luck!!!

They do work. I was a very heavy smoker until March 31st. of last year. I haven't had an analog cigarette since. I ordered a kit for myself, the DW, and the oldest DD. None of us are smoking now.

I suggest going over to the ECF(Electronic Cigarette Forums)and researching a little before you make the commitment and buy. If you happen to go the the mall or the local 7-11 and buy one, throw it in the trash on the way out the door. That's about how much good they will do you. 99% of them are junk.

PM me if you are interested and I will give you a list of the vendors that I use. I fill my own, so the savings is substantial. I myself started with a cigarette like type unit. I now use what is called the Go-Go. I can fill a Cartomizer and it will last all day with a fresh battery. The battery will actually last about 24hrs.

When you decide on a kit make sure to get a couple extra batteries. We all have 4 to 6 batteries for ours.

Don't pressure yourself and look at it as switching brands and you will be OK. ( I LOVE THIS ONE!!!! - I added this)

Good Luck!!!
Totally agree with Chook-a-holic. Do some research, check out ECF forum (lots of very informed & expert people) & find what best suits your needs. The cheap ones you buy in a store or in a mall kiosk are expensive junk that may cause you not to have success. Call any of the companies that sell e-cig products & they will be more than happy to guide you through the process of buying what is right for you.

My DH & I were 40+ year smokers ending at 1 1/2 packs a day each. Very expensive & very deadly. We feel great, no more wheezing, hacking & shortness of breath. I stacked a full cord of wood about a month ago in the cold weather and never coughed once or got short of breath. We, our car & our house smell better too. No more stinky hair, breath, clothing!!! It's wonderful!!!!

I initially ordered the kit for us as just a substitute to smoking when we were at our daughter's house. We did not intend to quit smoking, so I call it our "accidental quit." We got our e-cig couples kit on Dec. 6th, ran out of cigarettes, neither of us wanted to go to the store. We haven't had a tobacco cigarette since. But we got a good kit with 4 batteries & all the right stuff to start with. After purchasing pre-filled cartomizers, we started filling our own which is a lot cheaper.

It has been 2 months & 16 hours as of today. We have not smoked over 3400 cigarettes & have not spent $650+ dollars. Yes, I know that sounds extreme, but it's true. 3400 cigarettes not smoked in 2 months. Isn't that insane!!!!! So far with everything that I'VE purchased (I am a little crazy when it comes to getting it right), we've spent about $300. So we are still up +$350.00. The costs are now going down. There will be some maintenance items like new cartomizers when these get old (taken care many of ours have lasted 2 mons) & ejuice which is the nicotine, PG, VG & flavorings. Eventually the batteries will get old & have to be replaced, but it's still a whole lot less expensive & so much healthier.

I'm not going to tell you that it's been ultra easy, there have been a few tough days, but when I got the craving I just "vaped" like a maniac. It passed. This has been the easiest quit I have ever done & I've tried many times to quit. No major withdrawal symptoms as long as you get the nicotine amount correct. Now I can go all day & not even think about cigarettes.

Back
Top Bottom