Earwigs EVERYWHERE!!!

MyleiZ

Hatching
Jul 3, 2015
When I cleaned the chicken coop a few days ago, I noticed a few earwigs hanging out and sprinkled some diatomaceous earth in the corners to kill them. Last night around 10pm, I went to check on the chickens and I saw that there were earwigs absolutely EVERYWHERE. They were in the coop, in the food, and in the chicken run. Since they are nocturnal, they were all out and about when I checked in last night. Does anyone have a safe way of removing them/keeping them out?? I do not mind a few earwigs here and there, but I can not deal with an infestation of them.

I don't have a solution, unfortunately. I just wanted to say OMG grossest thing ever! That wives tail about them getting inside of ears. **shudder**

I have been having this problem too. My girls used to eat them. In fact, when I used to find them in my worm composter, I would feed them as a treat. Now, they might peck at one, but then spit it out like it is distasteful. I have tried DE and seven dust (didn't want to use it but I was at my wits end). I saw a few folks mention a small container of olive oil. I'll give it a shot. Earwigs are one of the highest for me on the yuck factor listing. After cleaning the coop today, I'll likely have nightmares of them infesting me!

Back
Top Bottom