East RIver - South Dakota

Hello, I'm not in South Dakota yet but I'm going to be moving there in August for college. I'm going to be attending South Dakota State University!

Last edited:
Awesome, that's what I did as well. I am currently going back to school at DWU for nursing now that my kids are all in school
1f60a.png
Good Luck!!!

Hey fellow South Dakotans! Anyone here know where I could purchase local peafowl chick's and/or eggs around the Sioux Falls area or nearby?

I don't know about Sioux Falls but there is a peafowl breeder in Tyson, SD and I believe he does ship peafowl. You can find his contact info on the breeders page of The United Peafowl Association's website.

I raise peafowl here in Idaho, Indian Blues and Whites, and I moving back to Brookings but I can't bring chicks with me unfortunately. If I could I could help you out.

I don't know about Sioux Falls but there is a peafowl breeder in Tyson, SD and I believe he does ship peafowl. You can find his contact info on the breeders page of The United Peafowl Association's website.

I raise peafowl here in Idaho, Indian Blues and Whites, and I moving back to Brookings but I can't bring chicks with me unfortunately. If I could I could help you out. 

Thank you for the reply. I will have to check him out. Brookings huh? Are you going to continue keeping peafowl? It would be nice to know a fellow keeper/breeder close by.

Thank you for the reply. I will have to check him out. Brookings huh? Are you going to continue keeping peafowl? It would be nice to know a fellow keeper/breeder close by.

Yep. I will continue to keep and breed the peafowl I have currently. They will be staying on my family's farm though back here in Idaho. I don't have anywhere to keep them if I did bring them back. If you have questions on peafowl though I can help you. When I get done with college and vet school I hope to own a farm and have 14 varieties of peafowl. Having 3 males and 6 hens for each variety. So I would end up with 126 peafowl. I would become NPIP Certified so I can ship them across the US.

Something that I just remembered about shipping, right now it's still fairly hot to be shipping. Breeders will probably start shipping again when it begins to cool down. If you need peafowl to be shipped in look at those with NPIP Certified. Those people can ship across state borders and their flock has to be disease free to be NPIP Certified. Fair warning though they'll be expensive.

Back
Top Bottom