East texas?

Canton, TX here. Hoping the city votes to allow us city dwellers to legally possess/raise hens. I'm looking at getting austrolorps, Easter Eggers and orpingtons if they do. Once I finish about ten assignments for my wife. ;)

Canton, TX here. Hoping the city votes to allow us city dwellers to legally possess/raise hens. I'm looking at getting austrolorps, Easter Eggers and orpingtons if they do. Once I finish about ten assignments for my wife.
wink.png
good luck - hope your city will cooperate!

good luck - hope your city will cooperate!

They voted to allow one chicken for every 1/8 acre of a lot up to 6 chickens...and the coop must be 30 feet from any neighbors house. Means I can have three chickens max. Really stupid, arrogant and ignorant city council members.

They voted to allow one chicken for every 1/8 acre of a lot up to 6 chickens...and the coop must be 30 feet from any neighbors house. Means I can have three chickens max. Really stupid, arrogant and ignorant city council members.
Congratulations though!! 3 is a nice number to be really close to the chickens and bond with them...give them lots of attention and care. Way to go!!

Not a very active thread but greetings from a "new" Texan. Titus County, Mount Pleasant area here. Closed on my place here in early October and slowly getting settled in. No animals yet aside from the LGD. Have to update fencing and build structures, including a new coop. Previously in Colorado on the front range I had several breeds and kept them separated. Left them all behind with the new owner up there to start fresh down here.

Of the breeds I had I am only for sure replacing one and that was my New Hampshires. I think this time around I'm going to get a whole mix of lawn ornament colors and just let them all do as they will. The coop this time around will NOT be anywhere near as extravagant as the ones I built in CO. Going to dupe post this on the Texas thread. Glad to be down here with y'all.

Hey y'all!
I'm glad to find an East Texas thread. I was hoping to find one on BYH. I'll be moving to Cooper the end of the year and I'm hoping to meet some locals. Can't wait!

Not a very active thread but greetings from a "new" Texan. Titus County, Mount Pleasant area here. Closed on my place here in early October and slowly getting settled in. No animals yet aside from the LGD. Have to update fencing and build structures, including a new coop. Previously in Colorado on the front range I had several breeds and kept them separated. Left them all behind with the new owner up there to start fresh down here.

Of the breeds I had I am only for sure replacing one and that was my New Hampshires. I think this time around I'm going to get a whole mix of lawn ornament colors and just let them all do as they will. The coop this time around will NOT be anywhere near as extravagant as the ones I built in CO. Going to dupe post this on the Texas thread. Glad to be down here with y'all.
Love that dog in your avatar! Welcome -- and best of luck with your new location!

Hey all you East and North East Texans... got some pretty serious bands of T-storms moving through today. Hope y'all fair well through them and no serious hail or tornado issues.

Back
Top Bottom