Easter Egg Hens Eggs

gauthierpeeps

Chirping
14 Years
Jun 10, 2007
Draneville, Georgia
Hello All,

I have a question about my 2 Easter Egg hens (Penelope Pitstop and Polly Polka Dot). They both are half the size of our big girls. 2 RIR (Piper and Pepper) and our huge Black Sex-Link (Lucy).

The 2 Easter Egg hens lay green eggs. One egg is a beautiful light green and the other a bland light green.

The question is on the size of their eggs. One is a large egg as big or maybe even bigger than our bigs girls and the other is slightly smaller.

How can these little hens lay such large eggs? We are just amazed every day when we collect our eggs.

Thanks ahead of time for any answers or posts.
smile.png

We have to Buff Orps and 2 EE's. And one of each variety lays a larger egg than the other of each variety. I think it just depends on the chicken.

One of our EE's (Daisy) lays an egg that is as big as an Orps egg, and a beautiful green. Mr P's egg is slightly smaller and sometimes pale to almost white at the large end.

Thing 1 lays a very large pretty brown egg. Thing 2 lays a smeller tan egg. Sometimes This 2's egg is smaller than the EE eggs!

Dawn,

Our (little girls) are just at a year old and the eggs have been the same size all along. It is amazing what these (little girls) can do.

Thanks for the post!! Gloria

My EE's lay huge eggs, bigger the my RIRs or my leghorns, or my B-rocks. Some are fat and some are long and skinny, they are JUMBO eggs for sure, and yes they are smaller hens. Things that make ya go hum.
hu.gif

McGoo,

Wow you are overrun with Chickens
big_smile.png
. I want to get more but I have all I can handle at this time. It is funny how those little girls lay such big eggs. My DH says it must hurt those 2 little ones but they are as content as can be.

Thanks for the post! GSG

Myself, DH, 2 Dashchunds, 1 Chocolate Lab 4 yr, 1 Yellow Lab mix 15 (dear old girl is a white one now). 2 RIR (Pepper and Piper), 1 Black Sex-Link (Lucy) my biggest girl. Then my 2 little EE girls (Polly Polka Dot and Penelope Pitstop. WHEW...that's enough
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom