Easter egger; Brahma?

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
this is Micha. She’s obviously an Easter egger but I’m hoping people can tell what she’s mixed with… I’m thinking Brahma based off the leg feathers and size (she’s pretty big) but she has white leakage in her earlobes.
Thoughts? Too mixed to tell?
She did have a beard and muffs but they got plucked in her old flock which is why they gave her to me. She is in the integration pen she just REALLY wanted to meet my bantam rooster and escaped my arms.
It does look like she has at least one single combed breed in there.

Attachments

• IMG_3201.jpeg
    IMG_3201.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3198.jpeg
    IMG_3198.jpeg
    488.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3196.jpeg
    IMG_3196.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3195.jpeg
    IMG_3195.jpeg
    964.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3199.jpeg
    IMG_3199.jpeg
    541.9 KB · Views: 15
She is what we call in england a sussex splash hybrid. A hybrid where splash, blue and black marans, with a small amount of cochin/brahma and splash sussex and in this case legbar as well. .P.S. she may not have any brahma/cochin in her

She is what we call in england a sussex splash hybrid. A hybrid where splash, blue and black marans, with a small amount of cochin/brahma and splash sussex and in this case legbar as well. .P.S. she may not have any brahma/cochin in her
Also forgot to add that Sussex splash sometimes has araucana or americana.
They are very variable

Where do you think the leg feathers could be from them? Cochin didn’t cross my mind until someone pointed it out!

I didn’t notice this till now. Is it possible for a silkie mix to be partly silkied but not fully? All of her leg and part of her side is the exact texture as my old silkies feathers. I thought it was just regular chicken butt fluff but it’s spread a lot further

Attachments

• IMG_3206.jpeg
    IMG_3206.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 8
I didn’t notice this till now. Is it possible for a silkie mix to be partly silkied but not fully? All of her leg and part of her side is the exact texture as my old silkies feathers. I thought it was just regular chicken butt fluff but it’s spread a lot further
@MysteryChicken sorry for the tag- I just remembered you seem to know a good amount about silkies so I thought I should as you

@MysteryChicken sorry for the tag- I just remembered you seem to know a good amount about silkies so I thought I should as you
I don't think she's got Silkie mixed in, but you could test breed for the Recessive Silkie Feather gene, by breeding her to a Silkie.

Back
Top Bottom