Easter Egger club!

Have some easter egger hens breed with an easter egger rooster and hatch the eggs 😊
To be honest, I think the 2nd pictured here (the straight combed rooster) came from my chocolate egger hen.
Oh, I thought you actually made them, as in you took the exact breeds used to breed an ee and bred them together XD

Our EE "pullet" crowed today. We'd been suspicious for weeks so it wasn't a total surprise. His three sisters are extremely friendly and will jump on our laps and he is terrified of everything and wants nothing to do with us. But, he is picking fights with the older ladies so 🤞 that he doesn't become too aggressive.

Attachments

• 20210604_114201.jpg
    20210604_114201.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 4
FYI -- Saw a cute Netflix movie w/Suisan Sarandon called "The Meddler" where her love interest is a retired policeman who keeps a few cooped hens on his rural property. He presents Sarandon w/ a half-carton of eggs of which one is a blue-shell egg (which he explains in the movie is from his Ameraucana Easter-egger). I have nothing against Easter Eggers or Ameraucanas but those two chicken breeds are forever getting lumped as a single breed. Having had an actuakl Blue Wheaten Ameraucana (my Avatar pic) that actually layed pastel blue eggs I get miffed at the general public not knowing the difference of an Ameraucana breed from the widely varied (yet very beautiful) Easter Egger birds.

I guess until an owner actually starts keeping chickens the general populace will continue lumping Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers together as the same breed. Yes, Easter Eggers include the ancestry of Araucanas and Ameraucanas but Easter Eggers are sort of the non-SOP Ameraucana birds. Getting a truly blue-shell egg from an Easter Egger is rare -- most eggs come out more greenish mint or even pink, tan, or white. True Ameraucanas are not classified SOP if feather color is off or if eggs are other than blue -- both are very frustrating standards for true Ameraucana show breeders.

Meanwhile, feed stores and several hatcheries deal with selling Easter Eggers and still call them Ameraucana or Americana but they don't usually sell/deal with the very difficult SOP of true Ameraucana birds.

Don't get me wrong -- I LOVE all chicken breeds and wished I could have them all -- especially some of the more interesting new hybrids that have been developed/perfected to lay blue (or nearly blue) eggs. But since we had a couple of actual Ameraucanas in our flock we found them a bit too ditsy and timid to include with other chicken breeds and our neighbor found their feed store Easter Eggers lower in the flock pecking order. There's always the exception to the general rule but most Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers have sweeter personalities from most standard breeds. As a result we've personally decided not to add more to our varied flock after we lost our sweet Ameraucanas.

Love seeing all the varied feather colors of Easter Eggers and their eggs so keep the photos coming :thumbsup

Well, of my three EE pullets I think one is actually a pullet, lol. So the BYC experts were right...I love this site! The other two have red combs and definitely roo tail feathers developing. I plan to give the roosters away so I have a question. Is it possible that their (the roosters) offspring can be blue/green egg layers? Is it possible and is it likely?

Hello EE owners. I personally love my trio of EE chicks, and there doesn't seem to be many others who love them as much as I do. I think they are beautiful, loving little birds, and I wanted to meet a few others who adore them as much as I do.

To join my little "club"
wink.png
---

1- Post a picture of your EE(s) (If possible)
2- Tell us their names
3- Have fun!

I started this club so we can share stories and information about our Easter Eggers.

---------------------

My EE's

From Left to Right:
Othello (Roo), Marshmallow (Pullet), and Cookie (Pullet)
53152_video_111_0_00_00-01.jpg
Hello may i join this club? I only have 3 right now,but so far haven't named them. They are three months old and sharing a pen with 4 California Tans same age. I have a question. They are all bumping chest like roosters should i separate them?

Hello EE owners. I personally love my trio of EE chicks, and there doesn't seem to be many others who love them as much as I do. I think they are beautiful, loving little birds, and I wanted to meet a few others who adore them as much as I do.

To join my little "club"
wink.png
---

1- Post a picture of your EE(s) (If possible)
2- Tell us their names
3- Have fun!

I started this club so we can share stories and information about our Easter Eggers.

---------------------

My EE's

From Left to Right:
Othello (Roo), Marshmallow (Pullet), and Cookie (Pullet)
53152_video_111_0_00_00-01.jpg
Pebbles
7 years old
Left
I LOVE EE’s!!!
IMG_4160.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom