Easter Egger club!

Whoo. Been awol a bit, but I finally get to say I officially join the club!

Lemon Drop laid this!

Pretty true-to-color for the blue egg, too!
Congrats! Lemon Drop is a super cute bird, and cute name and lays pretty eggs!!!
wink.png

So since I have large fowl and a bantam EE, I was curious how the bantam EE happened. I understand that LF EE are mixes, I figure the bantams are the same, but it would be interesting to know what breeds made them. Is there a such thing as a bantam ameraucana? I don't think Kiwi meets the standard for pure ameraucana, so that's why I'm curious.

This is my oldest and (It seems wrong but) my favorite EE. She is about 2 months old I just can not decide on a name for her. Maybe y'all can help? She is so sweet and incredibly adorable to watch. She is already showing motherly instincts toward the younger chicks. I absolutely love love love her and the other 16 birds I have.

Check their bottoms to tell which r Laying and if it's wide then they lay
Put diffrent or multiple nesting boxes in and check to se which one goes in and out of that one
Thy should all have ther own one
Mine do

Check their bottoms to tell which r Laying and if it's wide then they lay
Put diffrent or multiple nesting boxes in and check to se which one goes in and out of that one
Thy should all have ther own one
Mine do
How did you get each girl to use her own box? Shock treatments... I have 7 boxes for 11 layers but they only use 2 of them, sometimes at the same time...
Question, I am new to keeping chickens. Just curious how do you know which hen layed what eggs? I have 14 ee's.
When mine started laying I went out and just sat there with them, watching to see who did what and when. Now I know who is laying what color, where they lay and I can find any problems, injuries or illnesses.

I move any new layer into a 8x8 dog kennel set up inside the run for a day or two so I can see what she lays.If the throw a real fit I have an "non laying old lady" to put in with them so they aren't alone.

Back
Top Bottom