Easter Egger club!

I have my first roo now and his main purpose is guarding and watching out for my girls. I really hope he will be too overworked with 30 ladies,but if a few do manage to brood so be it.I really hope I can pair him with a few next year if temperament is good.Just pray he and my one year olds will get along when they meet.I hope to add a second coop next year then get a string of blue giants and roo.Pray my dream will come true, working hard for it.

:)

Jerryse,pls take a look if you can. I concerned there may be a second roo,eek!!!

Jerryse,pls take a look if you can. I concerned there may be a second roo,eek!!!
You may be right from the looks of that comb. It looks like the breast is still salmon or brown. On silvers, BB red. Partridge that will be black for males. The wild card on EE is there are so many colors and patterns in the mix it is hard to guess sometimes

I'm wondering if I got more than one roo. I ordered our chicks from Meyers. 1 rooster and the rest girls. There are 2 that are showing the signs but probably too young to tell yet. Hoping they have a good sexing record.

I have my first roo now and his main purpose is guarding and watching out for my girls. I really hope he will be too overworked with 30 ladies,but if a few do manage to brood so be it.I really hope I can pair him with a few next year if temperament is good.Just pray he and my one year olds will get along when they meet.I hope to add a second coop next year then get a string of blue giants and roo.Pray my dream will come true, working hard for it.

Good luck!

Waiting is so hard :th Now in therory you could breed a bird with blue or greenish earlobes... you need white earlobes for bluish earlobes and yellow earlobes for greenish ones then just add the black/dark skin factor. Should get pretty Ears like on the Silkies. :D

That's a lot of breeding! I really like silkies, my husband not some much. There is just something about ee's puffy cheeks and pretty colors I really love.

Firebrd mine also came from Meyers,ordered 4 and one roo,found one roo but curious on a second. comb is really red right now for four weeks but lil stinker won't give me a good look. front side of breast is turning brown now with black in the center..EE wildcard I suppose.Jerryse thank you and I will wait longer and see how it goes and let you know. but much thanks!!

Last edited:
Hmmm...if I don't mind if every egg is fertile, then would 1 roo be okay for that amount of hens? I am concerned that if I buy a young cockerel that wasn't handled by me and my boys, that my toddlers may have a higher chance of getting flogged.

If you plan on hatching eggs at some point, all you have to do is separate him with a few hens to be sure every egg is fertile.

Back
Top Bottom