Easter Egger club!

I love Easter Eggers! I have more EE's than any other breed. They are friendly, inquisitive, I love that you never know what color they'll end up being as an adult, and they lay beautiful eggs. What more can you want?

Sorry for the picture of my ugly mug, but this just goes to show how sweet and snuggly EE's are. This is June Bug and I have a feeling she's going to be my favorite chicken in the flock. As it stands, she's certainly my favorite chick. I brought her home last week and the first thing she did was hop right up in my lap.

Junebug - passed out after a big breakfast.

A picture from last summer of some of my big girls enjoying corn castoffs from the garden.

And finally, the best part of any chicken, their fluffy cabooses!

Lovely flock you've got there!

I love Easter Eggers! I have more EE's than any other breed. They are friendly, inquisitive, I love that you never know what color they'll end up being as an adult, and they lay beautiful eggs. What more can you want? Sorry for the picture of my ugly mug, but this just goes to show how sweet and snuggly EE's are. This is June Bug and I have a feeling she's going to be my favorite chicken in the flock. As it stands, she's certainly my favorite chick. I brought her home last week and the first thing she did was hop right up in my lap. Junebug - passed out after a big breakfast. A picture from last summer of some of my big girls enjoying corn castoffs from the garden. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] And finally, the best part of any chicken, their fluffy cabooses! [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]
Oh... I love June Bug!

Blue egg is a dominant gene . So she is not a carrier . If your rooster carries 2 copies all the chicks will have 1 copy . If not you will get 50% brown 50% blue green .
I knew it was dominant I just wasn't sure if i remembered right. I might just sell her as a brown egg layer or trade her, unless her eggs get bigger.

Here's my first EE Chick! He/she was the only survivor out of a batch of 4. I can't wait to see the coloring and whether it's a roo or hen!

Went to the feed store and couldn't leave without some babies! Our 2 new easter eggers!

That makes 10 out of our 20 chickens easter Eggers... Also setting these in the incubator tomorrow.

Hopefully we can add more blue egg layers and even olive eggers to the flock!

Went to the feed store and couldn't leave without some babies! Our 2 new easter eggers!

That makes 10 out of our 20 chickens easter Eggers... Also setting these in the incubator tomorrow.

Hopefully we can add more blue egg layers and even olive eggers to the flock!

Cutie Patooties... look very much like ours... I imagine they are cousins
wink.png

I love EEs!

I cannot believe how many people are contacting me regarding a certain color egg I have on my craigslist ad! They want one color or another to hatch. I try to tell them no promises as to the egg color the chick lays. I am not sure they believe me.

I got a new EE rooster Sunday. He is huge and should have the blue egg gene, but only time will tell.

I love Easter Eggers! I have more EE's than any other breed. They are friendly, inquisitive, I love that you never know what color they'll end up being as an adult, and they lay beautiful eggs. What more can you want?

Sorry for the picture of my ugly mug, but this just goes to show how sweet and snuggly EE's are. This is June Bug and I have a feeling she's going to be my favorite chicken in the flock. As it stands, she's certainly my favorite chick. I brought her home last week and the first thing she did was hop right up in my lap.

Junebug - passed out after a big breakfast.

A picture from last summer of some of my big girls enjoying corn castoffs from the garden.
We have a June Bug toooooo!!!!! But ours is a tish bigger!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom