Easter Egger club!

Easter Eggers, AW YISS. Time to whip out the camera!

Right off the bat, Embelia gives me an atrocious glare:

But soon she's off minding her own business again, looking for potential treats in the dark corners of our empty fountain.

I can't help but admire those gorgeous neck feathers of hers.

Flappity flap! Stretching the wings and showing off The Butt.

Alright, the fountain was getting boring, perhaps it's time to move on to the pots?

Aaaaand nope, she's spotted my garden, and decides that's her next target.

After shooing her away from my precious sprouts, I let her wander around for a bit, and again pause to admire and capture her pretty coloring.

And the final destination before lock up time is her favorite scratching/bathing area. She can't ever get enough dirt.

And that is essentially the life of The Suburban Chicken Named Embelia.
love.gif
She's a spoiled little brat, but I love her to death. She just celebrated her 5th birthday last month. I've only got her and her sisterPeach the BObut I'm planning on adding some new chickies to my tiny flock this fall/next spring, and I'm considering getting another EE. I'm absolutely IN LOVE with bearded chickens. It's the cutest look ever.
I also want another chance to get colored eggs! I was a bit disappointed when Embelia started laying light brown eggs, but look at that bearded face. How can you show disappointment around those beady orange eyes?

-sifts through thread-
Bahhhh, I'm going to be here for a while. Everyone has such GORGEOUS EE loves!
wee.gif

Embelia is SO cute! Love the beard and cheek puffs! Of my two EEs only one has cheek puffs and neither is bearded. How special!

Heres our EEs... I love these birds.. Especially since there are so many different colors!

Slate, and Obsydian the Black sex-link

Plum

Birch, we are pretty sure he is a rooster

Chesnut

Hawk

Tiger and her neck feathers

Tiger and a RIR hens fuzzy butt

Tiger and Chesnut's pretty hackle and back feathers

Noodle and Bat

Peanut

Thanks for all the compliments on Embelia, guys!
wee.gif

She loves the attention and wants to say thank you.

Every time I let them free range she begs to come into the house, despite never having been in here before. I think it's the sound of my raised voice as we have a few deafer family members that require some shouting to hold proper conversations (LOL). I've tried to shoo her away, so as to keep the poop off our nice and new stones, but she keeps coming back to say hello. Eh, whatcha gonna do.
idunno.gif
'Sides, it's pretty darn cute.

Embelia is gorgeous! I'm going to be getting some chicks soon, can you tell me if Embelia was almost white when she was a chick? Thanks!
I wish I could dig up a picture from when she was a chick, but I can't seem to find those pictures anywhere. Hmm. Time to start another picture hunt!

But basically, if I'm remembering correctly, she was this lovely very pale purple color with a darker head that had some light brown tints. I remember being extremely surprised, as I was fully expecting to see a chipmunk chick, and I had never seen an EE chick look like that. But her fabulous beard (nice and full when she was a chick as well!) reassured me that she was indeed an EE!
I will continue to search for her baby pictures, and post if I find anything decent. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom