Easter Egger club!

Hello.
How do I get a couple of female chicks? I grew up on a ranch with "the works"
but always loved the chickens best and I would love some Ameraucana chicks. The Blue green eggs fasinate me and I love and grew up on fresh eggs but I am only one so 2 hens would do 3 if I had to. I already have a huge Aviary modified for them and a nice yard to rome in.

Please help me if you can.

My E mail is [email protected] and my name is Val Crotty

Hello.
but always loved the chickens best and I would love some Ameraucana chicks. The Blue green eggs fasinate me and I love and grew up on fresh eggs but I am only one so 2 hens would do 3 if I had to. I already have a huge Aviary modified for them and a nice yard to rome in.

[COLOR=000000]Hello.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]How do I get a couple of female chicks? I grew up on a ranch with "the works"[/COLOR] but always loved the chickens best and I would love some Ameraucana chicks. The Blue green eggs fasinate me and I love and grew up on fresh eggs but I am only one so 2 hens would do 3 if I had to. I already have a huge Aviary modified for them and a nice yard to rome in.

I'd edit your post to remove your name and email address. They can ban you for giving out personal info in the forums (it's for your safety). Instead, I'd just ask people to private message you.

As far as the birds go, ameraucanas can be hard to track down, but easter eggers are quite common. You can check places like craigslist and look for pullets so you know your getting females (versus chicks where it's a gamble).

Hello.

Unless you are very familiar with sexing chickens you could get an unscrupulous person on Craig's list trying to pass off their cockerel as a hen. I suggest you go the hatchery route. If you live near one you can even buy chickens at point of lay and then you will have eggs in a few weeks. Hatcheries have a pretty good sexing rate. Meyer Hatchery and My Pet Chicken ship small orders of chicks. As few as 3 but the season may be over for that soon and then you have to order at least 15. If you check Meyer website on Mondays or call them they may have extra chicks and be able to ship them to you.
Or check with your local TSC and ask if they can get them in or know of any reputable local breeders.

Or you can order some female chicks from mypetchicken.com or meyerhatchery.com they have a 3 chick minimum during the spring through fall months. That's how I got mine and they arrived perfectly healthy. You can also get older pullets from them too, but they pricier.

Back
Top Bottom