Easter Egger club!

I bought my two Ameracaunas at the Half Moon Bay Feed store in HMB, CA. I just told the man helping me that I wanted two of those types. He said that one would be gray and one would be golden. It was just what I got. I think that knowledgeable person at a feed store could help to choose.

Our little cross-beaked EE, Chiquita joined the layers club this weekend.

She surprised us with her blue egg. We thought her hatchmate, Ginger would have been the blue egger. The pretty green egg is Ginger's. She started laying at 6 months, Chiquita waited another month to start. So worth the wait!

I have a Gold Laced Wyandotte that lays a pink egg. I thought it was the EE at one point, then I caught her when she dropped it. After reading about Wyandottes, I found out the will lay a pink tinted egg as well as the light brown. She is one of my Favorites
didn't know there were so many differant breeds that will lay pink eggs??? so the barred rocks I have aren't pink only layers? They give me pink eggs but I thought it was the only breed that would.. love this site, I learn things just by reading other peoples questions and basic comments as well as my own
thumbsup.gif

They are lovely. My LF EE looks similar to the gold one. She came from a feed store though. Very pretty, but at 11 months I am still waiting for an egg. She visits the box and sings but has not dropped the egg yet. When she does, it is bound to be a doozey!
Your feed store most likely gets them from a hatchery so in that case you have a hatchery bird... maybe they buy from Meyer? Mine gets them from Ideal in TX. Izzy my EE laid at 18-19 weeks, 2 others laid at about 20-22 weeks and the gold/brown one with a black beard didn't lay until a full 10 months old!! She waited a good long time but lays a very pretty green egg. Hopefully you get an egg from her soon

Our little cross-beaked EE, Chiquita joined the layers club this weekend.

She surprised us with her blue egg. We thought her hatchmate, Ginger would have been the blue egger. The pretty green egg is Ginger's. She started laying at 6 months, Chiquita waited another month to start. So worth the wait!
She is absolutely precious! And congrats on the eggs. They're all so pretty. I can't wait for my little ones to start laying in a couple of months (fingers crossed for laying by Easter) They'll be six month sold by then anyway.

Here's a couple of pics of my two girls from a few weeks ago when there was a break in the snow:::
First is Benct, she was a gorgeous mahogany and chocolate color when she was a baby

And here's her sister, Rinn in front in this picture, and Benct again behind her facing to the right. Rinn was solid blue as a chick with a rusty patch on her head,

I think it's neat that they started out so differently colored and ended up so similar as teenagers. Over the past few days the rusty patch is returning to Rinn's forehead. She is colored pretty much just like Benct with the blue underneath and a black head. But the shades on Rinn are more of a lemon color while Benct is more of a rusty reddish color. Also on Rinn's breast she is actually blue laced with lemon spots in the center of each feather. And on Benct's breast she's a rusty red partridge over the blue base on each feather. I will try and get better pictures of the two of them but it's been so darn cold lately I haven't done much more than a quick headcount and make sure everybody's perky and happy the past couple of weeks.

Your feed store most likely gets them from a hatchery so in that case you have a hatchery bird... maybe they buy from Meyer? Mine gets them from Ideal in TX. Izzy my EE laid at 18-19 weeks, 2 others laid at about 20-22 weeks and the gold/brown one with a black beard didn't lay until a full 10 months old!! She waited a good long time but lays a very pretty green egg. Hopefully you get an egg from her soon
I think they do get some from Meyer as well as possibly some local. I know they have a Meyer chick poster in the store. I had my fingers crossed for that first egg from her1

She is absolutely precious! And congrats on the eggs. They're all so pretty. I can't wait for my little ones to start laying in a couple of months (fingers crossed for laying by Easter) They'll be six month sold by then anyway.

Here's a couple of pics of my two girls from a few weeks ago when there was a break in the snow:::
First is Benct, she was a gorgeous mahogany and chocolate color when she was a baby

And here's her sister, Rinn in front in this picture, and Benct again behind her facing to the right. Rinn was solid blue as a chick with a rusty patch on her head,

I think it's neat that they started out so differently colored and ended up so similar as teenagers. Over the past few days the rusty patch is returning to Rinn's forehead. She is colored pretty much just like Benct with the blue underneath and a black head. But the shades on Rinn are more of a lemon color while Benct is more of a rusty reddish color. Also on Rinn's breast she is actually blue laced with lemon spots in the center of each feather. And on Benct's breast she's a rusty red partridge over the blue base on each feather. I will try and get better pictures of the two of them but it's been so darn cold lately I haven't done much more than a quick headcount and make sure everybody's perky and happy the past couple of weeks.

Your girls are beautiful!

I have a Gold Laced Wyandotte that lays a pink egg. I thought it was the EE at one point, then I caught her when she dropped it. After reading about Wyandottes, I found out the will lay a pink tinted egg as well as the light brown. She is one of my Favorites
what kind of chicken is that in your avatar? beautiful !!!

Hi ........ this is my EE - Stella. She was hatched out of a beautiful blue egg but her father is a Black Copper Marans. Does anyone know what color egg she might lay or could it go either way? She is 36 weeks old ........ nothing yet!!

Back
Top Bottom