Easter Egger club!

Thanks! He is quite pretty but somewhat ornery. Yours sure were cute as babies. Love the EE's, such fun trying to decide what ya got :D
I agree! I have 5 of them, 2 pullets. can't wait to see there colors ! I have one named Lucy who thinks she's human! She just hangs out with me, Or in my lap. She tries to break into the mealworms or any treats. She knows to stick with me and she will get more:) she Watches the flock and goes to bed with them. She wonders every once in awhile. Mostly after me if I walk away. I'm just in love with her !

Last edited:

After reading your post, I checked him out a bit further . He has 3 green tail feathers. Plus a green and purple tint to the black feathers. It's Hard to see in the picture. I love learning about the genetics and gathering everyone's knowledge ! Here are a couple photos. One concerns me, may be nothing but anyone input would be appreciated! It's seems like the beginning of feathers but am new to this. is this normal?
is this the hidden golden ? Once again hard to see.

Yes that is golden . Silver and gold are sex linked . So only a rooster can carry both . Hens can be silver or red/gold but not both . A little hard to understand when you first learn this but in time it will make sense . Yes those feathers look normal .

Yes that is golden . Silver and gold are sex linked . So only a rooster can carry both . Hens can be silver or red/gold but not both . A little hard to understand when you first learn this but in time it will make sense .  Yes those feathers look normal .
Learn something new everyday! Thank you! I love this thread. I really didn't pay as much attention to Sassy. I was looking closer at my pullets. You definitely opened my eyes to how beautiful Roosters can be. Even though he's a mutt I sure do love the purple / green mix. He tends to stay his distance. Even when he was a chick he didn't like to be held at all!! He is friendly when we have mealworms :)

After reading your post, I checked him out a bit further . He has 3 green tail feathers. Plus a green and purple tint to the black feathers. It's Hard to see in the picture. I love learning about the genetics and gathering everyone's knowledge ! Here are a couple photos. One concerns me, may be nothing but anyone input would be appreciated! It's seems like the beginning of feathers but am new to this. is this normal?
is this the hidden golden ? Once again hard to see.
I think he is beautiful. I'm so jealous of folks who can keep roosters!

My newest hen I picked up this evening.

I think he is beautiful.  I'm so jealous of folks who can keep roosters!
Thank you! I'm definitely appreciating him more. I also love to watch the way he is learning to control his flock. I definitely want one of my EE hens to go broody. I have a Barred rock and 3 RIR. I want more EE's and I understand it's not common for RIR to go broody. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom