Hen

Hen

These are my guesses fill free to correct me
The guesses go
Picture
Geuss
Ok.

Last edited:
Haven't been on here in a while, but here's my Martha. When's developed a small handlebar mustache to go with her fluffy beard and it just makes me grin!

Last edited:
Oh it ain't easy, trust me. I'm afraid they are going to jump off the table and hurt themselves every time. They don't stay still for long. The Easter Eggers are much better than my black copper marans.

Ha, try to keep Brown Leghorns still! They are the most skittish chickens I've ever owned. I just walk by them and they take off running!

Ha, try to keep Brown Leghorns still! They are the most skittish chickens I've ever owned. I just walk by them and they take off running!

I've noticed that, I recently picked up two brown leghorns that were rescued from an egg production factory, and thought that skittishness was just from the nightmare they've been through. I'm hoping to get them to be like my australorp as far as friendliness and being held.

Hello everyone, love all the pictures! I have a question for who ever can explain this to me. My oldest EE has been laying 6/7 white eggs for about 1 month. I have 3 more EE getting close . I looked at Lucy's ears and yes they are white. How can I check my other 3 pullets to see what color egg I may get? Thanks in advance!
here is some of my mixed flock Lucy is the bigger wheaten lady

Last edited:
Hello everyone, love all the pictures! I have a question for who ever can explain this to me. My oldest EE has been laying 6/7 white eggs for about 1 month. I have 3 more EE getting close . I looked at Lucy's ears and yes they are white. How can I check my other 3 pullets to see what color egg I may get? Thanks in advance! here is some of my mixed flock Lucy is the bigger wheaten lady

She could have a white egg laying gene in here. I'm definitely not good at genetics, but I do think that whatever color the ear lobe is, is what color egg they will lay. Maybe someone more experienced will answer your question.

Hello everyone, love all the pictures! I have a question for who ever can explain this to me. My oldest EE has been laying 6/7 white eggs for about 1 month. I have 3 more EE getting close . I looked at Lucy's ears and yes they are white. How can I check my other 3 pullets to see what color egg I may get? Thanks in advance! here is some of my mixed flock Lucy is the bigger wheaten lady
On EE there is no real connection with egg color and ear lobe color . This came up in the last couple of days . Ameraucana have red lobes and lay blue eggs . Cream legbars have white lobes and lay blue eggs . There is a connection with pea comb and blue eggs but even that is not a sure bet . Cream legbars have a single comb and lay blue eggs . You just have to wait and see .

She could have a white egg laying gene in here. I'm definitely not good at genetics, but I do think that whatever color the ear lobe is, is what color egg they will lay. Maybe someone more experienced will answer your question. 

On EE there is no real connection with egg color and ear lobe color . This came up in the last couple of days . Ameraucana have red lobes and lay blue eggs . Cream legbars have white lobes and lay blue eggs . There is a connection with pea comb and blue eggs but even that is not a sure bet . Cream legbars have a single comb and lay blue eggs . You just have to wait and see .
Thank you ! I will play the waiting game:) still fun ! I have a RIR who is laying pink eggs.

Back
Top Bottom