Easter Egger club!

Here's a pic of my EE roo 'Dale'
love.gif

I don't like my Easter Eggerrs they too wild for me so they are my less fav chickens I have. Sorry to say no more EE for me. I love my barred rocks,LANSHAN,GLW Waynedotte they sweet chickens

I don't like my Easter Eggerrs they too wild for me so they are my less fav chickens I have. Sorry to say no more EE for me. I love my barred rocks,LANSHAN,GLW Waynedotte they sweet chickens
That's too bad. I think all chickens have their own individual personalities, and with the EE, I guess it would depend on what breed they are mixed with as far as being more tame or wild. My two EE are very docile, come up to me for treats and petting, and although my one was skittish at first, she finally warmed up and greets me in the morning and afternoon and lets me pick her up without a fuss. I'd like to try some pure breeds of chickens as well someday and see how they compare, though.

I wonder if it depends where you get them. So far my EE's are very sweet and tame compared to my black copper marans chicks. But they are still pretty young so maybe that will change when they get older. I can pick them up without any problems but the marans hate being picked up. It's my first time with chicks so not sure how they compare to others or if their behaviors will change as they get older. My adult buff orpington's are also very sweet and have heard they are one of the more friendly breeds. I also have adult production reds and they aren't bad but not as nice as the orpingtons. One of my production reds is a toe biter.

My EE pullet is very flighty. I'm hoping she gets over it but she is over 26 wks and does not socialize with the rest of the flock either.

our Brown guy Marty is sprouting new wing feathers, wher most of our chickens only have 1 iridescent color on their black feathering, Marty appears to have striped iridescent colorations on his wings LOL They look sort of like a freaking rainbow, I'll have to work on getting a pic, It shouldn't be too hard since he's the lovey of the bunch
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom