Easter Egger club!

Here are some pics of a few of my girls. They feathered out very nicely after their molt an everyone is back to laying!

I got a blue egg yesterday! Not shore if it's a pullet egg or one of my older girls starting up again (they just finished molting)

WTG!!!

This will most likely fit in the dumbest question of the day category... Are Green eggs or blue eggs more rare in EEggers?

I get lots of blue and a few green/olive or does that just happen to be the luck of the draw on the birds I got from the hatchery?

WTG!!!

This will most likely fit in the dumbest question of the day category... Are Green eggs or blue eggs more rare in EEggers?

I get lots of blue and a few green/olive or does that just happen to be the luck of the draw on the birds I got from the hatchery?
I think green eggs are more common with EEs. You're lucky for getting most of the blue eggs.

Got my first egg today! The flock are all 5 1/2 months old. Sort of a pretty greenish blue. I'm not 100% certain which of my three EE's laid it (and even though I can rule out the 2 Buckeyes) all 5 of the girls got extra raisins treats. Hopefully that will encourage more of this behavior!

I get more blue then green too. I also get a lot of blue eggs with white speckles, and I have one hen that lays a green egg with brown speckles. very pretty.
Hatchery usually breed all their hens with white leghorns to increase egg productivity. i'm guessing that's why the eggs are bluer. if they crossed them with a brown layer you would get green eggs.

Would anyone consider trading eggs in the spring for hatching? I have some interesting EE pairings planned.

e.g faverolles x EE, sulmtaler x EE, red sexlink x EE and possibly BCM x EE (olive egger)

Back
Top Bottom