Easter Egger club!

I'm trying to decide which hens I'm going to put on the breeding plan for 2015. I'm planning on separating my birds around Feb 1 to get April 1 chicks. These are some of the hens I'm planning on breeding:

Sorry this picture is not very good. I really like the growth of this pullet. She has a double gene for blue eggs, so I'm really excited to see what I get out of her.

I really like this hens size. She has nice body conformation and is a excellent layer of a light brown egg, but she is split for blue eggs.

Elsie, is my wheaten maran. I'm going to cross her with my EE rooster for olive egger off spring.

Samantha is the dam of my breeding roo, and lays green eggs.

Duffy, front, is a young pullet and has a double gene for blue eggs.

My olive egger pullet. Father carries blue egg gene, and mother is split for blue, so I'm really excited to see what she lays.

I have several other hens I really like, but I don't have pictures of them right now.

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide which hens I'm going to put on the breeding plan for 2015. I'm planning on separating my birds around Feb 1 to get April 1 chicks. These are some of the hens I'm planning on breeding: Sorry this picture is not very good. I really like the growth of this pullet. She has a double gene for blue eggs, so I'm really excited to see what I get out of her. I really like this hens size. She has nice body conformation and is a excellent layer of a light brown egg, but she is split for blue eggs. Elsie, is my wheaten maran. I'm going to cross her with my EE rooster for olive egger off spring. Samantha is the dam of my breeding roo, and lays green eggs. Duffy, front, is a young pullet and has a double gene for blue eggs. My olive egger pullet. Father carries blue egg gene, and mother is split for blue, so I'm really excited to see what she lays. I have several other hens I really like, but I don't have pictures of them right now.
They're all beautiful! I really love Duffy's coloring. I don't think you can go wrong, whoever you pick to breed!

They're all beautiful! I really love Duffy's coloring. I don't think you can go wrong, whoever you pick to breed!

I love her coloring too! I'm going to breed her back to her father and hope I get some more lavender colored birds. (Her father is black and white with some red patches. So far I am very pleased with him. I can't wait to see what his daughters egg coloring will be!)

Has anyone crossed a EE with a frizzle silkie? and if so what did you come up with? I crossed a frizzle silkie roo with a EE hen and i can't wait to see what i get...an EE sizzle? an EE frizzle sizzle?
wee.gif

Okay...i think i finally get it...silkie feathering is recessive...frizzle feathering is dominant.   Wait...no i guess i don't... how would i get a sizzle?    Darn i thought i understood the combination...???  
I think you had it right because a sizzle is just a grizzled silkie. Who has one frizzle gene and one silkie gene.

Back
Top Bottom