Easter Egger club!

Our stash from the last couple of days. I've got some green ones in there now. Some of my girls just started laying right before molt season, so I hadn't seen all of the colors together. I can't wait until all 37 girls start laying. Its like skittles!
wee.gif

This isn't much uniform about EE's.  Some have beards, some don't.  Some are multi-colored, some are solid.  The only think you may notice are the green legs, and the virtually nonexistent combs.

Awesome! now I can just go pick out the cutest fuzzy butts. Thanks!

Ok so the feed store just announced it's getting in "Ameraucana" pullets on January 21!!!! I know, I know, they're Easter Eggers! Question. Do all the chicks look the same at a few days old or will I be able to pick varying colors? Think I'm gonna get four. Soooo excited I'm having heart palpitations!

Oops sorry about messing up on that last post! Iphone app isnt so great.
Anyway, with my EE chicks the solid yellow ones grew to be white with orange or peach; ones with chipmonk markings were brown variegated ones (more common coloration). Good luck!

The lightest one in the lower left is the black headed one below - smooth face. The one with the brown stripe (upper right) is the gold headed one below-muff. (the black and white ones are silver laced wyandottes)

Oops sorry about messing up on that last post! Iphone app isnt so great.
Anyway, with my EE chicks the solid yellow ones grew to be white with orange or peach; ones with chipmonk markings were brown variegated ones (more common coloration). Good luck!

I'm hoping this one will turn out white or whitish. She already appears to be muffed and maybe bearded. The others are all varying shades of chipmunk with what look to be clean faces. We shall see!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom