Easter Egger club!

So finally this week the 3rd of my Meyer Hatchery EE's began to lay! All 3 are laying pretty blue eggs. It seems as if the blue are less common, so I guess I hit the jackpot! I was sorta hoping for some more variety, but eventually my two Buckeyes will add some brown to the mix.

So far I've been super lucky with these birds. All 5 of my chicks turned out to be girls, they're all super sweethearts, and I'm getting lots of pretty blue eggs.

So finally this week the 3rd of my Meyer Hatchery EE's began to lay! All 3 are laying pretty blue eggs. It seems as if the blue are less common, so I guess I hit the jackpot! I was sorta hoping for some more variety, but eventually my two Buckeyes will add some brown to the mix.

So far I've been super lucky with these birds. All 5 of my chicks turned out to be girls, they're all super sweethearts, and I'm getting lots of pretty blue eggs.

How do you like your meyer hatchery chickens so far? What color are they?

I think I may have the most nondescript EE chick ever. I don't think she'll be a pretty one, but man does she ever have personality!

pardon the poo...

Anyone had a chick that looks like mine? I'd love to see a pic of how it grew up/feathered out.

I think I may have the most nondescript EE chick ever.
I think she's cute. You just never know what they will look like when they feather out. My EE girl looked a lot like yours when I got her. Now she is a beautiful blue color with a brown beard and brown lacing around her neck and chest. When people come to visit, she gets more compliments than any other hen except our Speckle Sussex.

Thanks Ochochicas! Here's hoping my little mouse grows into a beauty! The eggs are the main objective anyway but I seem to have accidentally selected a bunch of drab looking breeds. Maybe she'll be the star of them all.

Sigh, if she is she'll fit right in! I have two black and tan dogs, three other chickens that will be black and tan, even my husband is black and tan. I think I'm adopted....

My coop remodel is done so I should have my EE's separated in a few days. Since I have them in with a Rhode island red rooster, I'll wait a few weeks to make sure they are bred to my EE rooster than I'll crank up the incubator for a march hatch.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom