Easter Egger club!

Those are so pretty! 6 of mine I just got will be 24 weeks tomorrow, but I don't think it'll be that soon for mine.

You never know. Out of the blue mine started squatting when I would approach. One day they would run away and the following day they were squatting and a few days after that they were laying. To me, for an EE, the best way to tell if they are getting close is if you witness them squatting (submitting) and sticking their wings out to their sides when you lean down to pet them. None of mine has combs that changed color or got bigger so that was not a good indicator for mine. Good Luck!

I have 4 Easter eggers laying and the first one started at exactly 19 weeks...they will be 22 weeks next Tuesday. This is Shirley who is my first layer.

You never know.  Out of the blue mine started squatting when I would approach.  One day they would run away and the following day they were squatting and a few days after that they were laying.  To me, for an EE, the best way to tell if they are getting close is if you witness them squatting (submitting) and sticking their wings out to their sides when you lean down to pet them.  None of mine has combs that changed color or got bigger so that was not a good indicator for mine.  Good Luck!

I keep checking every day and that's good to know about their combs- that's what I've been going by. Thank you!

popping in to say hey to this group! my pullet, nugget just started laying last week. its a pretty green egg. shes from my pet chicken. im so pleased with her im interested in more EEs from them!

do any of you have easter eggers from my pet chicken? if so id love to see some pics!

Back
Top Bottom