Easter Egger club!

My 13 week old Easter Eggers
Penny and Bernadette

The party was pretty stressful for Chicken Nugget since there were a lot of people in her yard and she kept getting picked up to pose for pictures.

my easter egger rooster! 15 weeks old. Havn't decided on a name for him yet. Any suggestions?

Do you happen to have any pictures of this guy at 9 weeks? I have one that exact red with grey undertone and I'm wondering if this is what he will look like! I'd post a picture, but the computer Injust downloaded all my chicken pictures to yesterday to get them off my phone crashed today. But I'll be back as soon as I get that fixed. Mine is currently "Baby Biscuit" because he looked like my olde spiller Biscuit when she was a chick. We aren't planning on keeping it so I've just left it, but I'd probably call him Big Red or Andre if he looked like your guy and we kept him. I had an awesome horse that deep red named Andre.

You never know.  Out of the blue mine started squatting when I would approach.  One day they would run away and the following day they were squatting and a few days after that they were laying.  To me, for an EE, the best way to tell if they are getting close is if you witness them squatting (submitting) and sticking their wings out to their sides when you lean down to pet them.  None of mine has combs that changed color or got bigger so that was not a good indicator for mine.  Good Luck!

I had the same experience, squatting was the only sign mine was getting ready to lay. Her face didn't really change at all. She started laying August 1st, at just under 22 weeks and has only taken 1 day off since. So far she has exceeded my expectations, by far!

Back
Top Bottom