Easter Egger club!

My bantam EES and my oldest Cochin went broody twice last year. The two EES will brood together and good luck getting near them. Fiesty girls!Waiting for the brooding to start this year. Think it will be a well protected clutch if they hatch this year. I plan to only let them hatch larger breeds though.

Last edited:
They sometimes change colors. She usually lays a blue one that is really pretty, like the one we got today, and then she sometimes lays like an olive-green just plain, or with speckles, and sometimes its almost like a gray.
Then there is our Serama Uma (who is my avatar) being broody, and one out of the two salmon breasted EE's that we have.

It's good to hear someone else having colors changing with their EE eggs. My Ameraucana lays mostly pale blue but sometimes I swear they look pale blue-green compared to another day's egg. I've never had the speckling but the color varies from light blue to light blue-green on other days. When I hard-boil the eggs in our Egg Genie cooker the blue eggs will turn light olive in the cooker - Weird.

Sylvester017 my only speckled EE eggs come from my bantams. I lost my speckled standard egg layer. She was low on pecking order and had an egg break before it was laid.My EE/mixed flock is a tough bunch to live with while the Cochins stand back in their pen watching the EES run amok.

Sylvester017 my only speckled EE eggs come from my bantams. I lost my speckled standard egg layer. She was low on pecking order and had an egg break before it was laid.My EE/mixed flock is a tough bunch to live with while the Cochins stand back in their pen watching the EES run amok.

So sorry about losing your girl in such a sad way. Your description of your Cochins standing back in their pen watching the EEs run amok is cute - a good description of EEs and/or Ameraucanas. They are a weird chicken but I really love my gentle-tempered Blue Wheaten Ameraucana - she is lowest on the pecking order and really quite a kluzy girl because of her sudden jerky quick movements and jittery actions. Chickens in general are funny to watch but our Ameraucana is so very different from the other breeds we've had.

My EES are nuts! Flighty as can be. My Cochin and Brahmas that are with them watch them run around in panic mode and you can see the calm ones have a "The heck is wrong with you"look. I want calmer birds while hubby loves the EEs. I hope to hatch some out but I do not plan on having a high count of them again.

My EES are nuts! Flighty as can be. My Cochin and Brahmas that are with them watch them run around in panic mode and you can see the calm ones have a "The heck is wrong with you"look. I want calmer birds while hubby loves the EEs. I hope to hatch some out but I do not plan on having a high count of them again.

Some ee's are just that way and others will jump all over ya it really depends how much time one spends with their little ones ......
smile.png

Cross them with your calm Brahmas . Should help them . Since you are hatching your own . Brahma have pea combs and are said to have recessive feather leg gene . So they will resemble the EE . Cochin have dominant feather leg gene .

ug. I can't wat till I get get my chicks in June. is any body else?

the reson yay I'm waiting till June is cause I live I maine and it is still cold out. but we did have a mild winter wher I live.

I'm planning to get some chicks later this month. I can't wait!

These are our two Salmon Breasted EE's. Their names are Virginia Chance and Joy Hickey. LOL This I don't think is too common of a color. I don't really know chicken colors I know chickens though. AKA the Grady twins.
lau.gif

12141141_10207711452973702_7834522431116660936_o.jpg

Your hens are gorgeous! Where did you get them? That is certainly a rare color, It's especially rare to have 2 that look almost exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom