Easter Egger club!

I worry about her, the duck, but I think she thinks she is a chicken. We started with two but one was attacked and lost. They were brooded with the chickens and imprinted on them, so everyone just happily flocks together. I am thinking I may try to get more ducklings next year, see what happens.
Yes I am happy with my mixed flock, I started with just the BRs had a dog attack and the owner kindly gave me two EE in return for the lost birds. Then I added the others. I enjoy the BR personality, they make great foragers. The large assortment of meat birds are a new experiment. Before I just had a few CX.
And yes I think the EE make great watch birds, they are as good as the Rooster was.

I happen to really like the outgoing curiosity of Dominiques from which BRs were bred -- except BRs were crossed with Malay and Indian Game to make them heavier/meatier -- so it's not surprising the BRs have congeniality in common with Doms. So sorry about the dog attack. That sucks! I almost lost my first flock to stray mutts that broke into the yard through an old gate but good neighbors chased them off before they got to our birds.

This is B! Who we think is an EE? Bought with 2 others at tractor supply only label was bantam straight run, half priced because they were just getting feathers.

So my local hatchery which right now will remain nameless just royally screwed me on my order of Easter Egger started pullets that I ordered and paid for 6 months ago. Apparently they tell you that you can pick up your order any time between business hours but they failed to tell me it was a first come first serve basis and they over sell and if you come at the end of the day your order is already gone instead of going by order number. Anyway now I am looking for reputable places in the US to order Easter Eggers that carry started pullets since now I am 6 months behind on raising chicks..... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
I will always deal with only Meyer Hatchery. They are amazing people to work with. Good luck and I'm sorry.

I worry about her, the duck, but I think she thinks she is a chicken. We started with two but one was attacked and lost. They were brooded with the chickens and imprinted on them, so everyone just happily flocks together. I am thinking I may try to get more ducklings next year, see what happens.

Yes I am happy with my mixed flock, I started with just the BRs had a dog attack and the owner kindly gave me two EE in return for the lost birds. Then I added the others. I enjoy the BR personality, they make great foragers. The large assortment of meat birds are a new experiment. Before I just had a few CX.

And yes I think the EE make great watch birds, they are as good as the Rooster was.

I happen to really like the outgoing curiosity of Dominiques from which BRs were bred -- except BRs were crossed with Malay and Indian Game to make them heavier/meatier -- so it's not surprising the BRs have congeniality in common with Doms.  So sorry about the dog attack.  That sucks!  I almost lost my first flock to stray mutts that broke into the yard through an old gate but good neighbors chased them off before they got to our birds.

Good neighbors are great. Yes I was disappointed to lose the birds, but it all comes togeather. And now I have more birds then I ever intended.
Outgoing curiosity is a great way to describe BR. They are very good little hunters and very quiet, makes the EEs useful. The EEs stay with the BR hunting but are the first to sound alarm. The other breeds are still young so I do not yet know their personalities.

This is B! Who we think is an EE? Bought with 2 others at tractor supply only label was bantam straight run, half priced because they were just getting feathers

Quite the mystery huh? But like others before me have said, that is not an EE. EEs have a pea comb, and so this chicks comb appears to be a single comb. But I would be curious as to find out, since you got him/her from the bantam bin.... Try posting the pic under the "what breed is this" thread!

And here we have my 2 youngest EE's (also hoping for female) Anna and Elsa

Ignore the fabulous divas, Tuff our BO and Little Annie our BR photo bombing in both posts. They love attention XD

My EE Takumi.

My ameraucana rooster Anankos, 3 months old and got eaten by a fox just yesterday, heroicly protecting his hens.

My EE Cirrus, lost her beard and muffs when she molted. Does anyone know if they grow it back?

My EE Kameo, she gets bullied by the silver laced wyandottes.

My sweet baby, Luci. She's the nicest of the chickens and will just snuggle up to you.

I believe Crowley to also be an EE.

Back
Top Bottom