Easter Egger club!

My girls are:

Peregrine- pictured on my shoulder. The friendliest of the bunch
Sugar- pictured sunbathing... if there is only one chicken laying down in the yard, it's her
Bonnie- pictured perching on the chair
Freckles- best friends with:
Twinkle- the first to lay, and has been producing an egg a day like clockwork while the rest of her freeloading slacker friends just watch.
Agatha- who has gorgeous blue-grey feathers
Chica- our only white one
Memma- who survived coccidosis thanks to advice of everyone on this site
Spice- my daughter can tell Spice and Rachael apart,
Racheal- but I can't
Eggnella- who survived being carried around the yard for fifteen minutes in my dog's mouth without a scratch
Shirley- who has the most amazing muffs
Margaret- the prettiest
Daphne- has white ears
Delta- who is so under the radar that I couldn't remember her and had to go out to the coop and look at all the chickens to try and figure out who I was missing.

This weeks loot.

My girls are:

Peregrine- pictured on my shoulder. The friendliest of the bunch
Sugar- pictured sunbathing... if there is only one chicken laying down in the yard, it's her
Bonnie- pictured perching on the chair
Freckles- best friends with:
Twinkle- the first to lay, and has been producing an egg a day like clockwork while the rest of her freeloading slacker friends just watch.
Agatha- who has gorgeous blue-grey feathers
Chica- our only white one
Memma- who survived coccidosis thanks to advice of everyone on this site
Spice- my daughter can tell Spice and Rachael apart,
Racheal- but I can't
Eggnella- who survived being carried around the yard for fifteen minutes in my dog's mouth without a scratch
Shirley- who has the most amazing muffs
Margaret- the prettiest
Daphne- has white ears
Delta- who is so under the radar that I couldn't remember her and had to go out to the coop and look at all the chickens to try and figure out who I was missing.

"Peregrin" looks a lot like my Smokey, except for the penciling.

I love my Easter eggers. Why do people not like them? My girls are awesome....Vera, Miss Marple, Miss Money Penny, Miss Piggy (because she will get in the feeder), and Prudence.
They are all about 4 months now. Any ideas on when they might start laying?
All of your birds are absolutely gorgeous. I especially like the chick pictures as I didn't get my girls until they were pullets. (as pictured when I first got them)

I love my Easter eggers. Why do people not like them? My girls are awesome....Vera, Miss Marple, Miss Money Penny, Miss Piggy (because she will get in the feeder), and Prudence.
They are all about 4 months now. Any ideas on when they might start laying?
All of your birds are absolutely gorgeous. I especially like the chick pictures as I didn't get my girls until they were pullets. (as pictured when I first got them)
Most lay between 5 and 6 months. Pullets that mature in the fall tend to take longer. And I've found that if you start them on layer feed before they are all laying, you can delay their development quite a bit. Mine do best on a flocker raiser or all flock feed.

I use a combo of new country organics layer and grower feed at present. It has no soy which is a delayed laying culprit.Thank you for the information!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom