Easter Egger club!

Quote:
That is soooooo tempting! Luckily I can't get them locally or I probably would have. ;)
Stay out of the feed stores with the kids (unless you take hubby with you).
lol.png
That was my downfall. The kids' school would hatch eggs and then draw names from the kids that had parent approval to take them home. I had chickens as a kid and knew sort of what it took to raise them so I was able to say no. Until one spring day, Hubby and kids wanted to see the chicks at TSC. I forgot the hard work, and remembered only the good and we went home with 6 chicks and the gear needed to brood them. Hubby and carpenter friend built coop, they free ranged for a while until we could get fence up. I found someone with Easter eggers (actually 2 someones because first two chicks ended up being boys
barnie.gif
and I wanted blue eggs so found a pullet at point of lay from someone else).
Oh, and don't go to Jacob's Cave swap meet either. Same thing will happen but you might come home with a kitten or something else besides chicks.

CG

LOL! Thanks. I will keep that in mind. ;) Especially now that it looks like it won't be happening this year. :'( Guess I'll find out just how determined I am on this. Gonna go find a piggy bank now and start saving. :D

Time for pics!Sorry for my absence lately.

CGin, STAY OUT OF THE FEED STORES, LOL

My Little Diva. Cinder^^

Cuddly Indigo.She has CHANGED!First, she would scream when you would pick her up, now, I comforted her the day she was attacked and she is the friendlest thing!She will sleep in my lap :love :love I Love Easter Eggers and my Harriet!(she's a Wh-Er a Chicken hehe)^^

Acorn the little Muffless EE! :love such a diva ^^

Supsovly I didn't get any of Brownie :idunno

I have a few, but this is my favorite, "Pebbles". Can you guess what her father and mother are? :) I have another in the brooder, with black in place of the white.

Update: Yep @Sylvester017, I used White Silkie Rooster x Wild Type Bantam Ameraucana

Last edited:
I am new to the page, But I have 5 -4 week old ee chicks. We hope they are all pullets but I guess that is tbt. Lol But we have Bonita, walnut, cappuccino, tiny, and brownie. Lol my kids named them. Haha we also have3 other breeds for a total of 19 chicks! We had 1 that died a few days after arrival. But I love to sit and watch them. So fun!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom