Easter Egger club!

I have two incubators full of these for the Easter HAL.

lilwildrabbit
Are you thinking of breeding for more egg colors? Just curious, we have considered it, we have 15 pullet (hopefully, they are only 4 weeks old) and 1 Cockeral. We ordered a bunch of different breeds and our Roo is a blue Ameraucana in case we wanted to.
I don't know yet it depends on how many of the 20 hatch I have only had one EE before and she was killed but I had a chance at some eggs from ChickADeeHatch and took it I have nothing but brown egg layers now the EE and my Dutch were the only exception. So I am giving it a go love the colors that are in the incubator now from lite blue to dark brown with specks. It will be on my mind for the next few weeks as my chicks grow tho

Yeah. Muffins, who lays the medium green egg is white, black and red speckles. Whereas ObLaDi, ObLaDa, and Smokey are all variations what I think is called a "partridge" coloring and Strawberry Shortcake is all white with a few red speckles on her back. All four of them lay light blue, blue and mint green eggs. Some of my EE hens have cheek muffs, some don't, and just to make it even more interesting some of my muffed hens don't lay green or blue eggs; Robin's and Braveheart's (both muffed) are yellow and pink!. As I stated earlier, no real rhyme or reason.

Which may be part of the reason they're called Easter Eggers: Like the bush an Easter egg is hidden under, you never know what color it will be until you find it!

Hurray! I just love them!!! I would have gotten nothing but Easter Eggers but my mum, who is going in on half the birds and work (well she collects and feeds and water when I'm not around) wanted a bunch of different color eggs so we ended up with 16 birds, 11 different breeds, but I still had to have some Easter Eggers :)
When I change their brooder tomorrow I'll try to get some better pics of them now, they've grown so much since day one!

I also miss when they would sit so still for a photo. Now they are so much harder to get a good photo, but here are a few of them in the brooder.

The three of us sharing some roost time

Hurray! I just love them!!! I would have gotten nothing but Easter Eggers but my mum, who is going in on half the birds and work (well she collects and feeds and water when I'm not around) wanted a bunch of different color eggs so we ended up with 16 birds, 11 different breeds, but I still had to have some Easter Eggers :)
When I change their brooder tomorrow I'll try to get some better pics of them now, they've grown so much since day one!

I also miss when they would sit so still for a photo. Now they are so much harder to get a good photo, but here are a few of them in the brooder.

The three of us sharing some roost time
What kind is the bird in the fifth pic?? I have one that looks almost like it

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom