Easter Egger club!

I have three easter eggers right now. They're some of my favorites!!

full

This is McChicken, named because, back when I used to not let them free range during the entire day, she would always figure out a way to escape and free range anyway and I thought she would be the first to become a snack for a predator. I was wrong, thankfully. She is one of my favorites.

full

This one does not have a name. She is very skittish, but overall pretty friendly.

full

This one is Eagle. :)

I also have two easter egger/cochin babies. They aren't so little anymore, but they are very interesting to look at:
full

Here is the one that has the "beard" like easter eggers. I cannot find a good photo of the other one, which you can see in this photo behind the grey cochin, but he has no beard and is overall much lighter. They are both very sweet and pretty.

Very pretty birds.

I have 3 EE bantams that are 6 weeks old Jade 6 wks.jpg Opal 6 wks.jpg Pearl 6 wks.jpg For a while the third one, Pearl, looked like a little bald eagle, but she's starting to get some more white feathers. The middle one, Opal, has the slightest hint of yellow in her white feathers. And Jade, the first one, had gained a lighter colored neckline. I wonder how they'll change in the upcoming weeks. When they hatched, the top one Jade, was dark brown all over, Opal was chipmunk striped, and Pearl was all white. Hence Pearl's name, lol.

Hi EE friends!

Happy to have a place to come and chat about them. I have two, Luanne and Shammo-brown (named by our 2 yo) and two rocks, Lucy and Betty. All getting along at about 6 months old. Our white EE is just starting to lay regularly- super pale green eggs. Nothing out of our brown EE yet. She is about twice the size of Luanne. Such a size difference! Wondering when and what color!

Attachments

• 128565F9-8B6B-4984-A205-985798E66E85.jpeg
    128565F9-8B6B-4984-A205-985798E66E85.jpeg
    925.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 0A5A8C37-82C7-45FD-A4E8-24F8D555EBBC.jpeg
    0A5A8C37-82C7-45FD-A4E8-24F8D555EBBC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Beautiful birds! I've never seen a barred EE before. Attila looks just like one of my Easter Eggers, Maize. Love that look, with beard and cheek puffs! Maize hasn't started laying yet (soon-she's 23 weeks old), but I'm predicting blue eggs for her.
Thank you :) this is my first time with fancy chickens I dont know what colour to expect. Hopefully they relax into their new home and start laying soon. I hope I get a different colour from each of them! I keep checking the boxes each day...fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom