Easter Egger egg color has changed?

The same thing happiest to my EE. They were nice green eggs then they stopped I to thought they had stopped laying but today I opened the roosting box and she was in there. I waited for her to come out and there was a tan egg. How does the color change?

Hi all,
My one easter egger was laying green eggs last year. I was thinking that she had not laid an egg in probably 6 months, but have been finding one about every other day that is pinkish in color
idunno.gif
Has anyone every had easter eggers that changed the color of eggs that they were laying? I am wondering what is going on with her.
Thanks!

Hi, I know this is seven years on, but here is a photo to compare mine. A couple years ago, my little black easter egger was laying little greeny-blue eggs just like the egg that her lavender araucana father hatched from. She had a pea comb too, and a crest of feathers which have genes which normally sit very close by the genes for greeny-blue eggs. She hatched a big clutch of babies, all from greeny-blue eggs. Most were black like their mother with a pea comb. All have gone elsewhere except for one and she also lays greeny-blue eggs (which is the left in the photo). However after raising this first clutch, mumma-bird developed a multipoint comb and stopped laying greeny-blue eggs, instead laying creamy eggs, which over time have developed in darkness until they are now the colour on the right. This egg is hers and was just laid today.
20180430_133922.jpg

Hi all,
My one easter egger was laying green eggs last year. I was thinking that she had not laid an egg in probably 6 months, but have been finding one about every other day that is pinkish in color
idunno.gif
Has anyone every had easter eggers that changed the color of eggs that they were laying? I am wondering what is going on with her.
Thanks! We just had our Easter egger change from blue to pink. I was researching this when I found your post. The only think that has changed is the molted for the first time.

We just had our Easter egger change from blue to pink. I was researching this when I found your post. The only think that has changed is the molted for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom