Easter Egger laying white eggs?

Whew! I am waiting for our EE to lay her first egg and I might have had a heart attack if I saw a white egg. I know it is possible but I still am hoping for a beautiful colored egg like yours.

I am still waithing as well. at 39 1/2 weeks I don't know if the egg will ever come. at this point I don't care what color it is

My Easter Egger started laying today and I was so excited to see a light blue/green egg but...........she laid a white egg? Is this normal? Do some Easter Eggers just not have the tinted color ?
th.gif

I'd worm the hen because the worms may take away the color..

Guess I'm next - reviving this again! hahaha! My 8 EE gals are 21 wks 2 days today. I found this in the nest box today. (Brown is from my White Rock) Yeah - they can lay white eggs! hehehe. I looked at it very carefully in the sunlight... not a hint of blue or green. Maybe slightly cream colored. We'll see what happens as she keeps laying. I have no idea which of the 8 laid it though. Honestly, if it's the only white, I'm fine with it. I've missed the white since I've been without my leghorns. Just one of you girls tho, okay??!!

Some of the gals back in June.

I've got an EE as well that lays white eggs. in fact, at first she only laid rubber eggs, then progressed to white (I was just glad they had a shell!). She's a weirdo.

Guess I'm next - reviving this again! hahaha! My 8 EE gals are 21 wks 2 days today. I found this in the nest box today. (Brown is from my White Rock) Yeah - they can lay white eggs! hehehe. I looked at it very carefully in the sunlight... not a hint of blue or green. Maybe slightly cream colored. We'll see what happens as she keeps laying. I have no idea which of the 8 laid it though. Honestly, if it's the only white, I'm fine with it. I've missed the white since I've been without my leghorns. Just one of you girls tho, okay??!!

Some of the gals back in June.

I forgot to update - the next day she found her peach crayon. The others have yet to start laying - sigh. She lays a slightly larger-per-day tan egg now. We lost our roo and my White Rock to a bear attack recently. I'm just glad she's okay, here, and still laying. Didn't miss a day, tho the attacks were witnessed by the entire flock. Poor babies.

Back
Top Bottom