Eastern Ky Flock

Welcome. I am sorry for your losses. It would be beneficial for you to keep your chickens secure until you get the mink(s). Some of do this all of the time, but if you are going to free range, you should probably lock them up until you catch the mink - or just like a few here have said - it will come back and kill until it gets them all.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

Unfortunately, the mink is going to continue killing your chickens as long as they are permitted to free range and sleep in an unsecured coop.
Mink are notoriously difficult to trap.
Good luck.
The coop is secured. It’s a horse barn with a huge run with roof in front, and a fully enclosed run on the side that spans the entirety of the length of the barn. At night the chickens are locked inside the barn, which is behind the fully enclosed runs with the roof and etc.. They follow me up each morning to the yard & return accompanied to the coop at dusk each night. No problems there, but we’re being vigilant during the free range inside the fenced yard during the day. I do expect the mink to return. Traps are around and cameras, we’re determined to get him

i’m so sorry for your losses. :hugs
i will pray for you like you asked. you have been given good advice advice. welcome to byc! i hope your injured hen gets well soon!!
She seems to be doing very well! I have followed all instructions & today she wanted to come out of the coop (giant barn, she’d been wanting to remain there the last 2 days) and join her sisters. She’s eating and hanging with the others! I’m amazed!

Back
Top Bottom