Eastern Shore (Delmarva) -- You out there?

Hi Delmarva...I am in Townsend, Delaware. If you or anyone you know would like a free rooster let me know. I have a one year old hatchery White Rock that I would like to rehome. He is good at his job. It's just that I only keep 6 hens and he is too much for them. I would like to find someone who would appreciate his services.

If anyone is interested, I will deliver if you are close by. PM me please.

Thanks,

Terri

Hi, I am on MD's Eastern Shore, 30 miles S. of Cambridge (Toddville/Bishops Head, 21672). Check out my website: www.funkyfeathers.com
smile.png

Okay, just found this thread, wow.

I am in Henderson, MD. About 5 min. from the DE border.

Anyone interested in setting up a farmer's market that is 1) free to set up shop, 2) without the gov't poking their head in, etc? Anyone sell stuff that isn't chicken related? I love to bake and would love to sell baked goods, in addition to pastured poultry when I have my birds ready to go.

A sort of "waiver" could be posted, or even with required signatures for people who buy only. I've seen that done a lot to protect the small farmer from people who would like to sue for no good reason at all.

I'm really excited about this idea. We could advertise locally and would just need a back-yard to set up in. It could even rotate from one person's place to another every few weeks. Any ideas? If my fiance approves the use of our place, I don't mind except I have very little parking space. Plenty of room for tables though... And I would expect some other people to offer their places if they have the room as well, so we can brainstorm which location is best (or use several locations, as I mentioned).

So, if you're interested, post the following:

1] Interested in selling goods at the Eastern Shore BYC Farmer's Market? ( ) Yes ( ) No -- If no, are you interested in helping set-up? ( ) Yes ( ) No
2] Do you have space available, or know of available space? ( ) Yes ( ) No -- If yes, please list:
3] Please list all the goods you would be interested in selling:
If not interested in selling goods, please list any and all ways you would be willing to help: (Examples - marketing, offering space, assisting sellers)
4] What days and times work for you? If you are not picky, please specify.

Feel free to add to this list as you find appropriate questions. I'll go first...

1] Interested in selling goods at the Eastern Shore BYC Farmer's Market? (X) Yes ( ) No -- If no, are you interested in helping set-up? ( ) Yes ( ) No
2] Do you have space available, or know of available space? (X) Yes ( ) No -- If yes, please list: My place possibly, other than that I am not aware of another space.
3] Please list all the goods you would be interested in selling: Eggs, Poultry, possibly dairy products, baked goods.
If not interested in selling goods, please list any and all ways you would be willing to help: (Examples - marketing, offering space, assisting sellers) I would also like to help with marketing.
4] What days and times work for you? If you are not picky, please specify. I am not necessarily picky, due to the fact that my job schedule rotates every week.

Look forward to replies!

Last edited:
I can't believe that I just found this post topic.

I am on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. In the city of Accomac, county of Accomack!

There seems to be a few fellow ES people on here! That is great!

Does anyone have ducks also? Maybe looking to get rid of a couple females for my poor lonely Maxwell and Martin (Khaki Campbell and Cayuago)

welcome-byc.gif
to everyone my coops to yours!!

I have a few extra bantam chicks available, mostly cochins (buff, blue/splash, and black). Only asking $2.00 each for them. Anyone intested just send me a PM, they are really cute!!

Hi
I live 30 minutes south of Salisbury, MD. I currently have 1 roo and 9 hens and 1 turkey in my flock, all different breeds. Nice to see there are other people on the shore that have chickens!
Jen

Back
Top Bottom