easy egg turner

bkvail

Songster
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
Skagit County, NW Washington
So, I just had a hatch of coturnix quail. When I set the eggs, I brainstormed to figure out a system to turn the eggs easily without opening the incubator. I just have a cheapo little giant foam incubator. What I did was make a couple wire 'corrals' to contain the eggs and tipped the incubator to turn the eggs. The wire corrals were just to keep tgem from rolling around. I just used something propped under one side and several times a day swapped what side was propped up. About 50% of the eggs hatched, which is about what I have gotten in the past hand turning them. This was so much easier though!

Karin

Pictures?
big_smile.png

well, I set some new eggs today, so was able to take a pic before I forgot. I actually need to go rearrange these eggs so they are all pointed in the same direction now that I look at the pic! Anyhow, it shows the ''corral'' I made from wire so when I tip the whole incubator for 'egg turning', they don't roll around. I got a hatch of 50% on shipped eggs last time. I'm hoping at least 6-8 of these hatch (they are red and red tux Coturnix supposedly)

Back
Top Bottom