Easy to take up and down temporary fencing?

I use (green) snow fencing and some posts that I bought at TSC which are plastic with hooks every coupe of inches, and a spike so that you can step on them and easily get them into the ground. Works great as a temp fence and is pretty fast to set up and remove if you only hook the fence on the top and bottom of each post. I also have some "pins" to hold the fencing down to the lawn so that the hens cannot sneak underneath it!

If you google critterfence,you'll see it comes on an 8 ft roll to be 8 ft tall, it's not folded for shipping. I wouldn't trust anything that folds for shipping (comes in a 3 ft long package for a 6 ft tall fence). I'd think it'd be too easy for birds to get caught up in it. It's possible something like Tenax is similar to that, and they make a deer fence also. I'd just make sure it wasn't too heavy to stand upright. Critterfence has some special construction to stand upright, withstand hundreds of pounds of force and still cut with a scissors. I don't have personal experience with some of the other plastic fences.

Back
Top Bottom