Eclipse 2moro

Anyone feel its wise to put ducks inside during the eclipse? They are always looking up for flying predators...

Here is a quote from 2017:
Well, the eclipse was cool! The chickens were under the coop cuz it was so hot. When it got completely dark, they just stayed there. As soon as it started getting light, they came out in the yard. So they didn't roost. The ducks just stayed out in the yard wondering whassup! :)

Some other threads from around that time say that chickens went to roost as it got dark, just like they would in the evening, but came out again when it got light again. I am finding plenty about chickens, but I think that was the only one I found that mentioned ducks. It doesn't sound like the ducks were too bothered by it.

I am south of Murphysboro IL and in the 100% range. The chickens did what they did 7 yrs ago with that eclipse, just stood there. 7 yrs ago it was completely dark and they froze, this yr was not as dark and they just acted as usual but some just stood there wondering if they should go in and roost :) My dog wined and wasn't sure whassup.

Back
Top Bottom